Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 01-03-2003 , 06:27 PM
Instead of only maya i like kevs idea of breaking the MAG into section like you have the website. section for maya, lightwave etc... I'd buy it hehhee...

heheh Hey Kev i'd move over to the UK to help out with it muhahahahahahahaha

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 17 01-03-2003 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
Actually, yea that sounds better.... if it was all CG, of course... but if it had other things.. then nah. I could see it really taking off user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 18 01-03-2003 , 06:36 PM
Subscriber
wudnt that b the same as 3dworld? it wud b rather tough competition seeing as 3d world is already such a popular mag

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 19 01-03-2003 , 07:13 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by Nem
wudnt that b the same as 3dworld? it wud b rather tough competition seeing as 3d world is already such a popular mag

competition ? whats that?

thats what people told me when I opened this place with the likes of buzz and gnomon!

Our mag would be ...of course (like everything else)... better! user added image

# 20 01-03-2003 , 08:00 PM
hehe.. EXACTLY!

I mean, before I knew about SM, I got ALL excited when they revealed a magazine idea at Highend...

But as we all know, they kept pushing it back, and back, and when it finally came out more than a year after it was announced, it sucked!

The articles were outdated, and the content was not what we expected out of them....

That's why I think this idea WOULD sell, because it would cover CURRENT isues, tutorials, articles, etc. as well as the top apps out there.

I used to get 3dworld mag, but they seem to focus more on Visualization and cad rather than the effects, and animation world.

Also, even if this mag would only be 20 pages, I would STILL go out of my way to get it because it would be affordable even to those with limited incomes.
(such as myself) user added image

It doesn't have to be huge, it just has to offer the content that people WANT.

just my 2 pence.

Oh, btw kev, hell yah man! no prob m8user added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 21 01-03-2003 , 08:13 PM
The Maya Mountain
perhaps even a CD insert with some freebie vids on there for the premier issue. user added image

Might balance a bump up in price. user added image lol

# 22 01-03-2003 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber
oh if you want the best mag in the world you would of course need the infamous Nem working on it user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 23 12-03-2003 , 06:02 PM
adldesigner says: Nem sucks!

LOL