Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 91 10-06-2003 , 04:12 PM
Damn Brian. This is trully eyecatching.
I want one of those.

Maybe I´ll bolt some stuff on my Ford Mustang. (Anyone hear Gattling gun? user added image

# 92 10-06-2003 , 04:18 PM
Hello. I was going to post another MR Test render.. What do you think? It looked alot nicer b4 I saved it as a .jpg user added image Anyways, I am going out for a while, so in a few hours I will answer all your questions, Hopefully maybe help with GI_Joe, Although I don't really mess with it that much, you just have to tweak it, and Make sure you have a point light with an intensity of about .5 so that you specular shadows show up. If you scene seams like it is way to bright, than just lower the intensity of GI_Joe, I usually use .2 for the sky and .15 for the ground. Anyways, Let me know what you think, took about 1 min to render.
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 93 10-06-2003 , 04:23 PM
Wow. Great detail. I wish I could find something wrong with it, LOL, but I just can't.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 94 10-06-2003 , 04:28 PM
Still needs tons of work, I still need to add more bolts, and fix the two window covers in the back so they look like the first one, I need to add a door to the roof, with a seat, so that some one can sit at the gun in the back, (notice the Scopes) STill needs all of the suspension work, grill... the list goes on...
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 95 10-06-2003 , 04:46 PM
Oh, well then mine needs about a million things to be that detailed.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 96 10-06-2003 , 07:41 PM
Subscriber
Aright now that you mentioned it.....NO ONE would use a scope on a minigun. Rig up a VERY primitive site, because when firing, it will be vibrating VERY rapidly. Just my take tho.....

lookin SWEET btw. I might add a bunch of bolts to mine, would that be like like stealing you're idea? i think thats really what mine needs to look armoured, and i've been thinking about it, but i'm afraid i'll have to make it all look like seperate plates.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 97 10-06-2003 , 09:33 PM
Brian, I dont kow if its the type of image or what, but go ahead and render these TOP NOTCH quaility if your machine can handle it. We'd love to see all the detail you have to offer. I took a nice 18 hours break on mine. Gonna get back on it now. How often do you go, "Ok, been working on this ALOT, break time."
?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 98 10-06-2003 , 09:38 PM
hmm, maybe its not a scope, maybe its a pen holder! or a mini trumpet!.. in any case... it loooks SWEET

FX supervisor - double negative
# 99 11-06-2003 , 12:16 AM
Subscriber
awesome! I hope the rappers here in the U.S. dont see this, because the next thing you know P-Diddy will be rollin' around in one, sippin Krystal puffin on a blunt. and thats one vehical you wouldnt want someone intoxicated in.

# 100 11-06-2003 , 01:46 AM

Originally posted by howardporter
awesome! I hope the rappers here in the U.S. dont see this, because the next thing you know P-Diddy will be rollin' around in one, sippin Krystal puffin on a blunt. and thats one vehical you wouldnt want someone intoxicated in.

LOL

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 101 11-06-2003 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
HAhAHaHa yah i could see snoop pimping one of these, except it would have reflective 90% tint instead of those SICK armoured windows he has.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 102 11-06-2003 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber
really an awsome verhicle... but:

Originally posted by M
...So we do not want to see any cars, as those are NOT allowed in this competition..

or did i missunderstood the task?

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 103 11-06-2003 , 02:10 AM
The plus side to having that car: No one can let your tyres down

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 104 11-06-2003 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
his will NOT appear stock when done dude. It already has ARMOUR and a minigun for christ sake! And do those look like STOCK tires!?

# 105 11-06-2003 , 02:24 AM
Subscriber
ok, ok - so it's armoured car with a minigun user added image that's fine with me user added image

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.