Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Zbrush Face Study (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33871)

daverave 27-03-2010 12:31 PM

Hi Mayaniac
Could be me, I think it looks good any way, I stopped doing the project I was doing to do some zbrush stuff and that is down to you LOL..........hope to post some thing soon.........dave

Mayaniac 27-03-2010 02:43 PM

@Dango: LOL yeah, I hand't noticed that. Thanks for the comments.

@Dave: Yeah, Would be cool to see some of your stuff.. Avatar was really good. Thanks for the comments.

bullet1968 27-03-2010 03:52 PM

Man all I can say is WOW, you are talented cobber!!! You certainly have the anatomical side down pat! well done bro

Cheers bullet

PS I agree with Dango, George Lucas (ceptin the body).

Chirone 27-03-2010 11:25 PM

nice!

i'd like to see that tree rumpf that you were doing some long long time ago in a land far far away

Mayaniac 28-03-2010 01:09 AM

@Bullet: Thanks man. I appreciate the comments.

@what's his face :p : Thanks man, Yeah I still have the concept sketch floating around on my hard drive. I don't have any plans of starting him yet, but I have started the Baron... if you recall that one.

Thanks for the comments D!

bullet1968 28-03-2010 01:38 AM

P.S I just love your profile statement mate, I piss myself laughing every time I read it!

paldav 01-04-2010 09:31 AM

I have never got around to doing organic charactor stuff (cause i think its hard)

Needless to say your model does nothing to convince me otherwise, looks fantastic:bow:

bullet1968 01-04-2010 10:04 AM

I think its hard too BUT if you lok at the human body or any organic they really are just lines like mechs. Its just a matter of altering/warping the way you think about it I reckon?

Mayaniac 01-04-2010 03:15 PM

@paldav: Thanks man. It's no harder than most other subjects of modeling, hard-surface modeling, etc. It's just about learning the subject matter.... and never expecting to stop learning.

@Bullet: Thanks. Yeah, I forget where I first saw the quote. But I thought it was great..

And, yeah, you're right a lot of the process is about the lines, but you have to consider the forms and the underlying structure, and how if effects the surface. It's all good fun though.

Thanks for the comments.

bullet1968 01-04-2010 11:45 PM

Yes that is something I didnt think of Mayaniac, the underlying structures!!! At least with mechs you dont have to worry too much about that. I would like to try an organic tut once Im finished with Kurts Spitfire, just to expose myself to another form. You really do great work man

BTW the reason behind my madness, the wife gets cranky cos of the time I spend on Maya. As she is a fanatic of Eeyore I want to do one for her, I tried one but without ref images, just a photo and my eyes. It was ok but thats why I need to be more comfortable with the nurb nightmare, bahahaha

cheers bullet

ctbram 01-04-2010 11:58 PM

Really good sculpting work.