Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #3 - Cb8rwh VS Train_ucl - Round 1 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7238)

howardporter 06-08-2003 02:17 AM

nurbs +scary for me!!... great job modeling so far!

train_ucl 06-08-2003 08:33 AM

Hello!

I am at work right now, so i can´t continue my Monitor ... therefore now modelling a plant, that´s in my room.

@nurbs: i like just there roundness ... but sub-Ds are great as well! and polygons are superb anyway, but i allways got problems with polys to make nice round things ...

the plant now i make as an mixture of Nurbs and SubDs ...

train

adldesigner 06-08-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vampus
Yeah, but it's like going out on a date and making small talk first (nice day...what about those *insert sporting team* !):p
Many a times have I included carefully placed little hints at what will come later when doing just "small talk". :cool:

train_ucl 06-08-2003 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Now i finished the plant, will texture it at home...

man i am so happy! i need to do compolsory civil service, normally that´s like showering old people, nothing against that, but i had really luck ... not having much to do, nobody cares, if i do my own stuff on their PCs

train_ucl 07-08-2003 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Preview on how the final might look like:
Doing lightning right now ...
do you know a way to make shadow-only lights ? i need something, that will only create shadows, but not lit the scene ...

fredriksson 07-08-2003 11:52 AM

Great work. Like the plant. Not sure how you mean by "only cast shadows not light the scene". Like making the intensity negative should create a "cone of darkness" :D . Otherwise, look at light linking.

train_ucl 07-08-2003 12:14 PM

oh yeah, got an idea how to make it .. the problem is, the lightning in my scene is ok right now, but got no shadows yet and no dominating light... so i thought about creating the shadows seperatly where i want them ... but i don´t know, i guess i will just do the lightning again, with one major-shadow light ...

but otherwise, negative light with shape ... could just create a shadow ... thanks!

i like your work too :) no i hope my opponent will not post something great last minute ;)

stedo 07-08-2003 01:45 PM

Do you work at a glass table train_ucl? :)
Thats really cool if you do!

- S

train_ucl 07-08-2003 02:01 PM

yes i do, will post a photo today ... but its a really cheap one, and the my monitor is to heavy for it, so its on a extra table, which i was to slow to model as well

Alan 07-08-2003 02:03 PM

i think if you turn off emit specular and emit diffuse then that will make the light only cast shadows.... I'll have to check that cause I need to do it too.

Alan

Edit: hmmmm cant get it to seem to work. Although I think that the idea is sound..... i think

Witchy 07-08-2003 05:29 PM

Nice, I like the composition.

Vectorman 07-08-2003 05:35 PM

Where is Cb8rwh!?!?! Did he forget!? Oh well, i think you're scene looks great! Very stylin. Some production AntiAliasing might really make that image look alot better.

train_ucl 07-08-2003 05:48 PM

thanks!

@vec: yes, now heading to the final render ... lightning almost done, the one above is only very preview ...

thanks again!

train_ucl 07-08-2003 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, that´s the first nice render, will try to make tomorrow another one with nice shadows ...

Witchy 07-08-2003 11:57 PM

Has a nice look to it, although I think I prefer the tighter angle of the earlier render. Nice modelling.