View Single Post
# 14 17-04-2012 , 06:46 PM
Noober than noob

Not sure whats gone on here where did the other disc come from? did you do a animation snapshot? LOL.............dave

I accidentally the whole thing. O.o
No idea what I did, but definitely nothing related to animation, I selected the disk and then the curve, then went to EditMesh > Extrude. And then that other disk just appeared.

For the DNA I made, I imported pdb data and generated curves from there, but I'm not suggesting you do that. Probably overkill for a logo.

But for accurate DNA, I do recommend you make sure the helix is right-handed (Make a thumbs up sign with your right hand and follow the helix in the direction of your thumb; your fingers should curve in the direction of the spiral. The helix you have made in post 5 is indeed right-handed) Also beneficial to incorporate a major and minor groove, instead of perfectly offset helices.

It doesn't have to be extremely accurate, it's just for the circles that will spin around the atom like wheels but also around the atom's axis.
It's not just a logo but more like an intro to that movie my friends and I are working on.