Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Black Hole / Large Hadron Collider (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30867)

Jay 09-09-2008 04:11 PM

Thanks some guy

yeah I would agree with the money not going into a war but all the same, you can ask yourself whats this going to benefit the us alive today?

not much....

Jay

gster123 09-09-2008 05:12 PM

Yeah I'm with some guy on this one.

Suppose the dudes back in the day when they first noticed bacteria, they probably thought, bah, whats that going to do for us, waste of time if you ask me?

I dont see it being a waste of money if it furthers the knowlage of the human race and has possible benifits in future technologies, hell it might help usd get off this rock when we've buggered it right up!

Gen 09-09-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gster123
hell it might help usd get off this rock when we've buggered it right up!
I have my own theories on that one, I wonder who'll get to go, some smart people, a lot of rich people, a few more smart people, a crap load more rich people, a sprinkle more of useful people and top it off with some more fat cats. Lol most of the people responsible for screwing it up will be the ones getting the second chance yay.

Chirone 09-09-2008 07:16 PM

well you see, what will happen is that the planet will be so buggered up but no one will even notice because their too busy messing with war and we'll get space colonies orbiting the planet that no one knows about because their focus is on their inter-colony wars

but you're probably right, if anyone was shipped off the planet it would be the jokers who screwed us all over

:beer:

Jay 09-09-2008 08:16 PM

**** it!! Get to da Chopper!!

_Jay

gster123 09-09-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jay
**** it!! Get to da Chopper!!

_Jay

LOL!

NeoStrider 09-09-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GecT
I have my own theories on that one, I wonder who'll get to go, some smart people, a lot of rich people, a few more smart people, a crap load more rich people, a sprinkle more of useful people and top it off with some more fat cats. Lol most of the people responsible for screwing it up will be the ones getting the second chance yay.

ah yes but you must remember that the fat cats up there in space won't wanna do any hard labor! they'll probably start up some stupid planetary indentured servitude hierarchy so that way the little people think they get a chance to go travel the stars and live on another planet, only to find they're indebted til their great-grandchildren have paid it off... <sigh>

we need to follow the literary examples of heinlein and e.e. 'doc' smith! TRIPLANETARY & LENSMEN YEA! :P

Jay 09-09-2008 09:55 PM

I think I'll stick with a Delorian and a Flux capacitor

_J

NeoStrider 09-09-2008 10:09 PM

lol

oh my god they found me. i don't know how but they found me... RUN FOR IT MARTY!!!

who? WHO?

who do you think? THE LIBYANS!

Jay 10-09-2008 01:58 AM

You built a time machine...out of a De Lorian!!

Awsome I must watch that movie at some point

Jay

alexanderH 20-09-2008 04:28 PM

I think the whole blackhole thing is BS, but even if it were true the world will kill us long before they can create a "blackhole" to consume us.
Earthquakes, tornados, flooding, hurricanes, typhoons, global warming, and volcanoes kill people each year. When are they going to kill enough that people become concerned about those threats?
But a few scientists and a multi-billion dollar project scares everyone and makes news?

LauriePriest 20-09-2008 10:55 PM

When they say black hole, i think they mean somthing tiny tiny tiny tinty tiny that exists for a tiny tiny tiny fraction of a second. Not the star just died, uh oh the solar system is collapsing in on itself type black hole.

I think the project is fantastic, though yes the fruits from this project are ambiguous they are hoping to answer some of the most interesting questions about the universe.

And on the whole, i think they should not spend the money they are spending on this project, on reliving poverty, but rather spend the money that is currently being spent on wars to do that. Its quite alot more. :)

gster123 21-09-2008 09:26 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7632408.stm

Oh dear.

Chirone 21-09-2008 09:41 PM

sabourtaged by the skeptics....