Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya 2008 zoom in camera and objects Flickering (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30938)

dubai3d 19-09-2008 10:25 AM

Maya 2008 zoom in camera and objects Flickering

hi everyone,
maya 2008, I am using Geforce 8500 GT 1 Gb video card,
when I zoom into object, object gets Flickered continuously,
cant really work on my project,
I tried changing the near clip of camera to value higher 1
doesn't help at all

Do you know how to fix that?
please help

thanks,

BennyK 19-09-2008 10:29 AM

This should go into technical issues but...
Sounds like your computer is having a hard time processing it, though it shouldn't (I guess it's not too much of a heavy scene. Is it?). Try updating your graphic card drivers, that might do the trick.
Benny

gster123 19-09-2008 10:34 AM

Definatly sounds like the graphics card, remember Gforces arn't qualified

dubai3d 19-09-2008 11:35 AM

I updated the video card driver already, but still the same,
currently I am using windows 64bit , before I was using 32 bit(not problem at all) the problem is with 32 bit the windows shows only up to 3GB ram, I am using 6 gb ram, so I decide move on to 64 bit for the ram, I am really confused between the windows, do you think is that windows problem?

what I did so far:
1- near clip camera has been changed to higher value
2-video card has been updated
3-the scene is not really heavy
4-enough ram to support the scene.
5-using windows xp 64 bit wit maya 64 bit as well
any help guys?

Chirone 19-09-2008 04:46 PM

can i guess that it's to do with XP?
from what i heard XP64bit doesn't work very well and it's unsupported

solution is to get vista64 or linux64

Gen 19-09-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dubai3d
I updated the video card driver already, but still the same,
currently I am using windows 64bit , before I was using 32 bit(not problem at all) the problem is with 32 bit the windows shows only up to 3GB ram, I am using 6 gb ram, so I decide move on to 64 bit for the ram, I am really confused between the windows, do you think is that windows problem?

what I did so far:
1- near clip camera has been changed to higher value
2-video card has been updated
3-the scene is not really heavy
4-enough ram to support the scene.
5-using windows xp 64 bit wit maya 64 bit as well
any help guys?

A while ago I was using XP 64 with a Gforce and I can tell you I had the same issue, I tried A LOT of things but no good. I upgraded to vista and never had that issue again. XP 64 support was never anything to write home about...

dubai3d 19-09-2008 09:41 PM

I have not been used vista . don't have really experience with vista, so what vista should I get? does vista has the same issue with 32bit and 64 bit that 32bit only shows 3/4 gb ram?also do I have to get/buy maya that support vista?
like maya 2008 for vista bla bla ?

need help with windows that support maya and support 6-8 GB ram,

thanks guys

Chirone 20-09-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dubai3d
I have not been used vista . don't have really experience with vista,
HAH, that's no excuse to not get vista (or do anything, unless you're on a real tight deadline), at one stage in your life you weren't used to eating solids or using XP but you still did it :p

anyway, get whatever vista you want. the business and ultimate versions just means... something... i have no idea actually... microsoft just gave me vista business for free

maya works on vista. as far as i know all software that isn't hardware related or XP specific works on vista.

i think 32 bit systems will always not be able to show over 3gb ram because the highest number isn't good enough