Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Who else loves this drawing? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21372)

bobalie 06-05-2006 07:11 PM

Who else loves this drawing?

Who else loves this drawing? I really wish I could draw stuff like that

bobalie 06-05-2006 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry, this is the drawing

MattTheMan 06-05-2006 08:40 PM

Its that evil red dude on Warcraft 3, I think Tichondrias was his name... haven't played that campaign in a LOOONG time.

bobalie 08-05-2006 11:53 PM

=D yeah, I think it was Tichondrius, maybe Sargeras? who knows...

luanatf 11-05-2006 08:55 PM

it's not exactly the type of subject I like, but surely it's a masterpiece! :bow: I wish I had that talent, too! but maybe he/she is a pro? if not, he/she's really a talented person! :attn:

mtmckinley 12-05-2006 12:07 AM

yeah, Chris Metzen is currently the Lead Writer and Designer at Blizzard for World of Warcraft and he had heavy influences in the previous Warcraft games and Starcraft.

twisteddragon33 22-05-2006 12:48 AM

aww man starcraft... i surely hope we get some awesome art(and gameplay) in a possible starcraft 2 because warcraft art is great...

MattTheMan 22-05-2006 01:30 AM

I loved starcraft when I used to play it

bobalie 22-05-2006 07:55 PM

Too true to all of that.

mtmckinley: yes, this is one of Chris Metzens pieces. I really like his art, with all of the over-exagerated sizes of the muscles and hands and feet.

If you want to see more Warcraft/Starcraft/Misc. art visit the site of the famous artist of Blizzard

www.brothersofthestorm.com

I really like Samwises.

Anyways, Chris Metzen is the lead WRITER also? I thought he only drew... ;) I have a LOT more of Samwises and Metzens art if anyone would like some as desktop/screensavers or whatever.

luanatf: what do you mean this isnt exactly the subject you like to talk about ;)? Although I dont have World of Warcraft(WoW) I do have all the other Starcraft/Warcraft games.

Also, Twisteddragon33: There is not a second starcraft(other than the expansion; Broodwar) that I know about, there is a fan-lead thing going on called Project Revolution; a remake of Starcraft. Still all the same missions(maybe more ? :D hopefully!) but all the graphics are now 3d, and beefed up.

Good luck to them!

bobalie

farbtopf 22-05-2006 10:57 PM

It is pretty impressive! Drawing like this needs a lot of skill. There are a couple of guys on my course who can draw nearly as good as this.
But it is not realy my taste either. Sure it is nice to look at and perfect in any way, but somehow.... tsss I don't know I guess I like the rawness of rough sketches were you still see lots of unused outlines. Also like the honesty of those. I always thought very finished pieces lack a bit of the dynamic a quick sketches have.

bobalie 24-05-2006 02:51 AM

hmm I shall ponder that.

what course is it that your talking about?

farbtopf 24-05-2006 07:45 AM

I'm doing a BA in illustration. I can draw ok, but some people just have the gift of imagening stuff and drawing it from their mind without actually having to have any reference at all. Again I can do this to an extend, but when it comes to funny angles, muscle groups or similar difficult things I have to look at some reference. But as I said some people just spit it out.

luanatf 08-06-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bobalie

luanatf: what do you mean this isnt exactly the subject you like to talk about ;)? Although I dont have World of Warcraft(WoW) I do have all the other Starcraft/Warcraft games.

hi! =) sorry for the late reply, but anyway... I didn't mean the subject of the topic, I mean the subject of the drawing :p I'm not very fond of warriors or demons characters ^^ eheh But I love how it is drawn, and the details, and... I'm jealous, cause I attend to a course to become a comic artist, I'm just at the first year and I would pay everything to draw like that :bow: That's it. ^_^

bobalie 13-06-2006 01:04 AM

ahh yes me to.

Trenton 15-06-2006 09:08 PM

Great drawing! I wish I could draw like that...