View Single Post
# 27 08-06-2003 , 08:53 PM
i have mixed position on this. i used bryce for a long time and know how easily someone can make a good, easily made model to fool most people into thinking it took a long time. ive even made some. But when someone makes a truly unique model. they should be given credit, even if its done with bryce and poser. Like lots of people use basic textures while more advanced edit every texture they use. Some people use basic terrains while others use a 2d editor, make it the correct size and load it into bryce using greyscale to get some freaky looking terrains(i always enjoyed doing that). Its not the program that should really be to blame. its that many people dont taker the time to use all of the options to a program, because all the presets on the front they ceat and use those.

I bet with all the people here who have used bryce. I bet less than half have minipulated thier own grayscale map for the prupose of creating a waterfall or something? Or made an entire model out of metaballs...

How many bryce modelrs do you know thqat routinley use the intersect command?

I still say its not the program at fault. its people dont fully know the power of a program so they dont use the harder to minipulate interface, instead they create ball slap a pretexture on it and pass it off.

Just because someone uses bryce or poser you should not count them as a bad artist.