Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-03-2023 , 11:54 PM

bad shading in part of mesh

hey i am new here and new to 3d modeling ^_^

i try to model a tower in maya and open a door in it but i get bad shading in the door frame i dont know why this happen can someone help me to learn i will search about it if i know what is the problem

Edit: i am study 3d by my own i never got to any school so i hope someone point me where i learn about this more and what is it when i add any line to any curved object i got obvious line on the geometry thank you

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Rico90; 25-03-2023 at 11:15 AM.
# 2 30-04-2023 , 03:38 PM
The extra lines around the door will pinch the geometry together, giving the result you see. depending on what you want, there's serval things you can do -

1; Select the door frame polygons and extrude them out - this will give you more of a 'frame' that sticks out from the tower

2; Select the doors and extrude them in - this will give you a similar look

3; goto mesh display>soften/harden edges>ā˜option box - different values in this option will either smooth out this pinched geometry or make them more pronounced

hope this helps