Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 02-07-2014 , 03:51 PM

Filling in the Holes

Hey I need some help!
As a relatively new Maya user I'm still not extremely familiar with Maya so I need some holes filled in, literally. I have attached a picture of the mesh I'm dealing with. As you can see there is a hole in the mesh, which was one a protrusion from the mesh. I want to fill it in with triangular faces, but cannot. Can anyone help? Also, why can't a user just connect two vertices with a line segment???
I know I can use a soft modification tool and just push the protrusion so it is inline with the rest of the mesh, but it is very irregular.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-07-2014 , 05:24 PM
EduSciVis-er
Go into edge component mode. Then double click on one of the border edges to select the border ring. Then Mesh > Fill hole. That will give you a many sided n-gon, or it should. After that, you can use the split polygon tool to divide it up or simply triangulate (since it looks like you've got all tris already). Hope that helps.

# 3 03-07-2014 , 11:49 PM
Thanks! It worked, the problem was that my mesh was actually multiple meshes which I had to combine using the merge edge tool.
Cheers user added image