Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-09-2006 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber

Codec troubles...

Hi folks!

I'm a maya newbie and I downloaded the Michael Mckinley character rigging tutorial. I tried to see the videos but there was no way.
I use an Apple G 5 to work and I've got the windows media package but it turned out that the compression codec doesn't work. I tried to download other codecs but still got the same trouble.

Any of you out there would have some advice for a newbie like myself...(shame on me)

Thanks

animation is concentration
# 2 02-09-2006 , 10:18 PM
Subscriber
I can't help you on that though I view them on winamp without probs, might be worth you downloading it and seeing.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 02-09-2006 , 11:04 PM
Subscriber
j5ive I tried the Mac winamp 0.71 version but nothing changed...

Thank you

Keep on suggesting...I MADLY NEED to watch that tutorial....

# 4 02-09-2006 , 11:07 PM
get DivX player i suppose, when u download it, the codec that most tuts here use are also included. it's the player i use to view the SM VTM's. worth a try

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 5 03-09-2006 , 12:43 AM

# 6 03-09-2006 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
I've tried 'em all. From DivX player to vlc, nothing works. It said that an unknown codec has being used to compress the file....
That's crazy, I'm trying with every player I know but all seem useless...
What is more frustrating it's that I can't see those tutorials...

HELP!!

I'm about to cry, I need a hug...

# 7 03-09-2006 , 05:38 PM
if you still need them, i'll see if i can download and convert them to another file extension without codecs (maybe it's possible lol? haven't tried that) then perhaps send to you (allowed?). but that would be in a while since i'm too much preoccupied with my exams... sigh... hell this is.. haven't even opened maya in a while. and if u had already solved ur problem, just post up.

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 8 03-09-2006 , 05:56 PM
Senior Software Developer
All the SM tutorials for download are DivX. I don't understand your issue... Well I do, but I don't understand why it isn't working.

It may be the G5 not liking the DivX codec, try this link and use this app for MAC Click Here

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 9 05-09-2006 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
I don't know if my lil baby doesn't like Divx...and really don't know what to say... But I still have the same problem. The files I downloaded from that particular tutorial weren't .avi files, but .wmv so I don't know what else I can do.... Right now I'm downloading the ffmpegx, hope that'll work. Thank you everybody...I really appreciate it...