Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-05-2012 , 10:50 PM
EduSciVis-er

For all the students

Since I would have wanted someone to tell me, I will share this here. This for the ethically minded students that actually care about license agreements and purchasing Adobe software.

I was under the impression that using an Adobe student license, you were not able to use it for commercial purposes. It turns out this is not the case. If you meet the student eligibility requirements, you can purchase any creative suite software and use it commercially, even after you graduate. I searched through the license agreement with my brand new CS6 Master Collection (ha!) and there's nothing to suggest otherwise. This was also confirmed by an Adobe rep on their forums.
You can also upgrade from an older student version to a commercial version of CS6 for cheaper, but if you are still a student, I don't know why you would.

Thought I'd share my revelation.

Too bad Autodesk doesn't share that philosophy, but since they offer their software FREE to students, I really can't complain.

# 2 27-05-2012 , 03:05 AM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 27-05-2012 , 05:22 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
wow thanks stwert!

# 4 29-05-2012 , 02:21 AM
Quite useful,thanks!