Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 26-01-2004 , 11:15 PM

A quick Hi, and an Anti-Aliasing Question

Hello! My name is Derek aka e-volve and I've been using Maya for about 2 years both professionally and for fun. I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum user added image

Feel free to visit my website at the following url: https://e-volve.ca

One question I have is the following:

Is there any way to completely DISABLE anti-aliasing in Maya 5.1? I've been making some graphics for animated sequences with the background set to magenta (R255 G0 B255) so that it can act as a layer mask. Unfortunately, I've noticed that even at the lowest quality with the fewest samples, Maya still insists on doing a little antialiasing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Derek

# 2 26-01-2004 , 11:31 PM
hallo and welcome - nice model on your site

# 3 26-01-2004 , 11:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, well, if you look in an object's attributes, under Render Stats, there's a section called Geometry Anti-Aliasing Override. The lowest setting you can give it is 1. Not sure if that gives you the results you want or not.

# 4 27-01-2004 , 05:54 AM
Akai> Thanks for the welcome user added image

mtmckinley> I've tried using the lowest settings on the render globals as well as in the overrides... to no avail. there is still a fine line of pixels that are partially anti-aliased... it's very odd how such a complete package can overlook something so trivial...

Anyhow, thanks for the help, though if anyone else has an answer, I'm all ears!

- D