Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-01-2004 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber

suggested reading material?

I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for Books to help learn fundamental as well as more advanced Maya techniques and workflows. Publishers? Titles?

# 2 28-01-2004 , 07:12 PM

My 2 Cents

First, if you're a newbie, get The Art of Maya (available at alias.com in the online store-or any other online book store). I have found it very helpful in explaining general concepts and showing in visual terms with minimal explanation for how things work in Maya. I learned so many things just by perusing that book that I never learned in the other books just because it's such a light read.

Then I would drop the $200 bones for the Maya Explorer Pack. It includes books and DVDs full of samples, tutorials, movies, etc. Great package.

https://www.alias.com/eng/purchase/pr...r_bundle.shtml

That set will give you a good foundation in all aspects of Maya.

If you look at Alias's complete library of books and DVDs, it's insane. There is several thousand dollars worth of material there. I have found the Explorer Pack to get me up and running, I can learn a lot and then decide which direction I need to go from there for advanced learning.

I'm sure there are plenty of other great books and resources, but I found the Explorer Pack to have a lot of bang for the buck and it covers everything you would need for fundmamentals and then into some more advanced stuff too.

# 3 29-01-2004 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber
That sounds great. I have already read a bit of the Art of Maya in the PDF from Alias and I think I'm gonna get the whole thing. The Explorer Pack sounds good too. Thanks for the suggestions.