Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-05-2003 , 02:31 PM

Painting Clusters from Savvy 4.5

Hey all, just reading through Maya 4.5 Savvy and am on page 211 - Painting Cluster Weights and im stuck on number 4

Ive created a nurbs plane with 50 segments, selected the plane and gone to deform create cluster. THen highlighted the 2 and getting colour feedback showing me its white i.e its goal weights are set to a value of 1.

However, when set the operation mode to Replace and set the value to 0 and flood the plane, its supposed to turn black indecating that the plane now has a goal weight value of 0. It dosnt, it stays white and I get the error message of:

// Warning: cluster1 is missing attribute weights. //

Anyideas as to what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

I am using Maya 5

Thanks in advance

# 2 25-05-2003 , 10:53 AM
Subscriber
i just tried that - in maya 4.5 - and it works like a charm. you should have in the tool setting of paint in paint attributes 2 checkboxes. the upper is supposed to have "cluster1.weights" in it and the lower "Filter:cluster". - i could not recreate your error you got. maybe you are not following the instructions of the book correctly.

# 3 30-01-2004 , 01:10 PM
the warning is a maya 5 issue.. happens to me too, but still everything works regardless for me.

timothy