Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-03-2004 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber

animate an extrude

Is there any way to actually animate an extrude?

# 2 30-03-2004 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
Let me give a little more background and maybe I can ask for suggestions as well.
I'm attempting to animate fire drawing out the number 7 (for example) and I think the fire has to be attached to an object but scaling the object causes the fire to grow. How would I go about maiking this happen. I though animating an extrusion would do the trick but I'm sure...

# 3 30-03-2004 , 08:22 AM
somebody else asked this a couple of days ago and I think the answer given was to use animated sweeps. Have a look at that option.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 31-03-2004 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
Hi CBP3D,

you can throw on a keyframe for your extrude, however afterwards you can't delete history on that object, because then you will also delete the keys, because the extrude history get's deleted...

I have attached an animation test file, in the thread Alan is talking about here... -->Extruding Faces over time or you should be able to download it by clicking here... user added image

I will see if I can find the Maya file for it... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 5 01-04-2004 , 08:45 PM
Subscriber
thanks strarup

# 6 01-04-2004 , 10:35 PM
Subscriber
oki doki... user added image

btw. I have found the file, and attached it in the other thread... if you e.g. want to have a look at it... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 7 02-04-2004 , 01:01 AM
Subscriber
hey that's pretty awesome. I actually went playing around with it for awhile...but I'm still not sure how to animate it along a path. it has history but the zero point is at the end of the curve selected not the begining. if i missed something in your other thread I apologize ahead of time.