Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-04-2004 , 03:37 PM

training materials for newbie

hello there, I'm trying to narrow down the best training discs set: choices are Gnomon, Simply Maya, and 3d Buzz.
So far, gnomon is getting best ratings on most forums around the web. I'll also check the great list of resources that sigma & a few other folks listed.
--Lastly, any feedback on whether learning maya4.5 will put me at a disadvantage now that release 6 is announced?
Thanx for any help,
Rob (delmar) :user added image(::

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-- Margaret Mead

# 2 29-04-2004 , 04:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi I have watched Gnomon tutorials and I have to say that here at simply maya the standard of training videos is superb and equal if not better than either of those, the difference is that here they are really great value for money, if I had to choose I would choose SM every time.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner

# 3 29-04-2004 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
I have the first 4 CD set from xxxxxxxxx.

I have likes and dislikes about them though

I like the clarity of the quicktime format they use for seeing more clearly the screenshoots and menu's but i really dislike the weird way they embedded browser pop-ups so when you play the movies they will start up your browser with annoying hints and tips. (At least i find it very annoying) So much in fact that i decided not to order any of their other CD's even though i like the idea and flow of them.

No doubt the content of them are excellent. Don't mean to offend any of you SM guys, ya all do an awesome job as well!

For value i personally think SM has the best to offer

Its very nice and fast to just add points and download as you find something you would like instead of having to order CD's and wait for them to show up user added image

Just my 2 cc's worth since you asked user added image

Casper

# 4 29-04-2004 , 08:00 PM
Kevin
please dont advertise competition from this site,

we are the best...

thread closed user added image