Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-05-2004 , 04:00 AM
The Maya Mountain

City of Heroes!

City of Heroes is quite cool! I'm able to pretty accurately (minus capes... capes will hopefully come soon) re-create lots of the old comic characters I made as a kid. user added image

I'll post some screens tomorrow.

If anyone wants to say hello, I'm usually on "Virtue" server as either Barrage77 or Gravibot. user added image

# 2 14-05-2004 , 02:47 AM
The Maya Mountain
Here's those screens I mentioned. user added image

Here's Barrage:

user added image
user added image

Gravibot:

user added image

Who might this be? user added image

user added image

lol, we're hoping the rest of the guys at the office (the ones who got the game, anyway) create their own little self-portraits and get a group picture. user added image

# 3 14-05-2004 , 02:49 AM
Subscriber
I love that last one Mike.....!

# 4 14-05-2004 , 02:49 AM
hehehe too funny bud... keep it up........

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 14-05-2004 , 08:37 AM
hey mt did you played FreedomForce? (if so how does it compares? this is more FPS-like i guess? )

Im considering buying it on july(i will have time then) so tell me :
CoH is an only online game and you have to pay a monthly fee right?
The videos of FF were just simply awesome, does Coh have something on that direction?
The graphics gain when in movement or the engine is plain so-so...?
what about the options in the character creation?
and the fighting/interaction/missions/objectives/gameplay?

Last edited by dragonfx; 14-05-2004 at 08:43 AM.
# 6 14-05-2004 , 12:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
I've never been a MMOG fan. I bought Star Wars Galaxies because.. it was a Star Wars RPG! But it sucked horribly. This game, however, has been quite fun.

I did indeed play Freedom Force. Also a cool superhero game. In my opinion, CoH is better. You have a ton more powers to choose from, a ton more character creation options.

The only video/cinematic for CoH is an opening cinematic (so far) that is done very well, with realism in mind as opposed to 2D comic book slides that were in FF.

I have to say, though, that I really am not a big multiplayer game fan, persay. I DO enjoy playing with friends. But, I don't like trying to find strangers to join up with if I'm playing by myself. Luckily, about 8 of us at the office are into it right now. user added image

The character creation is extremely deep and nearly as much fun as the game itself.

The graphics are pretty impressive. The city environments are laid out like real cities and are extremely vast and there are literally hundreds of AI civilians everywhere.

I really like it so far. user added image Ask me again in July and we'll see if I'm still playing it. That'll be the real test.

# 7 14-05-2004 , 02:45 PM
Subscriber
Does that mean the uhm book there where rumours about is going to be delayed now that yall seem busy? user added image user added image

Noxio

# 8 14-05-2004 , 07:55 PM
Yeah i have heard so cool stuff about this game. like how you get an online comic every month ect..

I'll pick it up as soon as these bastards pay me.

allready though of my character atributes.

the power of LONG DIVISION and large consumption of dairy products.

i will also have buns of steel.

i bent my wookie!
# 9 16-05-2004 , 02:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
Here's a new character I've started in favor of Gravibot (gravity powers kinda suck. lol ).

The Cold Cowgirl! :p

user added image
user added image
user added image

# 10 16-05-2004 , 08:36 PM
that game looks really cool, get us some action shots (I can't see a single civilian in all of these user added image )

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 11 16-05-2004 , 09:38 PM
fights, fights! and a supervillian!
how was that... Its time for kicking some butts!?user added image

# 12 18-05-2004 , 04:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
heh, here's some more pics. user added image THis is a very cool game. The missions you get have a storyline that actually continues as you get more missions until they come to a big villian showdown! Very very neat.

user added image
Aliens invaded and this is part of the city still being rebuilt.

user added image
Kinda spooky at night! user added image

user added image
Fight them robots!

user added image
Super Jump rocks!

user added image
Here are the other Warthog Texas guys who got the game. user added image We all made in-game personas of ourselves. (except John, who thought it was stupid and had to go and be all cynical and difficult. user added image)

# 13 18-05-2004 , 04:56 AM
Looks pretty cool.
How many days/months does the game come with when you buy it?
My problem with the subscription system is that I have to pay 50 bucks beside the subscription but then I might not even like the game, which will be seating in my desk, never to be used again (I use subscription, but wasted 50 bucks)

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 14 18-05-2004 , 05:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
comes with first month free.

# 15 18-05-2004 , 06:17 PM
yeah I"m offically hooked on this game.

i'm usually on gaurdian as Mojo Branson.

and i just made a new guy called Captn. NAKED on Virtue server.
he wares pink burt renolds sun glasses and he is completely hairless.

I don't think i really need to put up any screenshots. just use your imagination.

i bent my wookie!