Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-07-2004 , 12:12 AM

July - Normal - Crazyjj

Ok I'm up for an animation challange, I think i'm ready.

I'll be using a generic character rig from school, i just wish it had facial animation, but i don't want to bother creating one and not concentrating on the animation.

I will be trying to use the pose by pose method.

I'm trying to import the sound but it's not working too well, and the one posted by Peltra has gaps or hicups in it, but i'll be useing that one unless i find a better way to do it. I'll post a pick of what the simple charater looks like (it's just geometry).

good luck to everyone

# 2 10-07-2004 , 05:19 PM
Ok heres a pic of what I'll be using we call him Ezra, i couldn't do a render with the controllers so i used photoshop and screen capture.

I'm still acting out the scene and trying to get the key poses down, it's going to hard without facial animation, oh well more body gestures i guess.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 12-07-2004 , 04:33 PM
Technical Director
Looks cool. Where did you get that model?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 12-07-2004 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
wow ..I never seen such a controller on a body...must have mist something...looks ok now...upcoming animation soon ?

# 5 13-07-2004 , 03:04 PM
those controllers are just nurbs curves modelled into shape and then grouped to provide handles to grab easily.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 14-07-2004 , 08:17 PM
Yep that's pretty much it, I like the nurbs better cause i can always hide them whenever need be, hopefull some sort of animation buy fri or sat, at lest some stong poses

# 7 14-07-2004 , 10:16 PM
Yep that's pretty much it, I like the nurbs better cause i can always hide them whenever need be, hopefull some sort of animation buy fri or sat, at lest some stong poses