Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-10-2004 , 03:02 PM

Maya 6 Rendering

Hi all. I am a true noobie. user added image

I made my first object yesterday and tried to render it to see the different effects I was having on my model, only no matter what I try, I get just different colors, and no different LOOK.. I saw someone here give settings for a nice reflective silver, so I entered those settings, and rendered and got a white goblet. I tried inserting a light in the scene (still white) and adding another little object in the scene and still no luck.

Rendering options global.. that is a huge panel, and I have NO idea what I should change, or not change... any help I would apprecaite, I searched the web most of the night, and could not find much information at all..

My renders are extremely fast, and not very detailed. so I figured I was just missing a step that isn't giving the render much detail.

Thanks!

Steven

# 2 17-10-2004 , 07:56 PM
Turn on Raytracing (reflections), go to the render globals and down to raytracing, click the checkmark box. Next render, if you get the same thing, then I would suggest making your own silver shader. Blinn's are the generally used metal shader, I like anistropics personally.