Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-10-2004 , 11:18 PM

First WIP, Confused!

Ok... working on a scene here, but I have a few problems with my render I dont understand how to fix..

Supposed to be a silver Chalace on a table with a gem leaning on it at the moment, when I turn on raytracing, I get wierd artifacts on the goblet, its supposed to be smooth, and i can see thru the middle of the goblet to the center section...

I know I need to turn off reflections on the wood table, I can figure that one out...

any other help on rendering problems would be helpful. =)

thanks

Steven

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-10-2004 , 11:33 PM
It's kind of tough to see because your image is in 256 color mode... (I assume it is a gif) Could you please re-attach it as a jpg or png?

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.
# 3 17-10-2004 , 11:48 PM
Hmm, just re-rendered, and got different effect =)

it looks good now, what I think Im seeing is the reflection fo the base of the goblet, which is fine! user added image

My lighting is horrid, I know, just haven't learned anything about it yet... going to try to figure out how to add "Detail" to the goblet now.... heh..

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 18-10-2004 , 03:02 AM
Yea, your material must be really reflective, and it is picking up the base and the gem. Nothing out of the ordinary... it's just the shape of it.

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.