Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 11-10-2004 , 04:45 AM
sorry i meant 5 not 6 user added image

# 17 14-10-2004 , 04:20 PM
Ok, short update:

After killing my model beyond help, I re-built it from scratch. It actually worked out for the better because my limb connections are much, much cleaner, my fingers on the hands actually look semi-correct, and the feet are almost 98% quads, unlike the mess it was before.

I'm very happy with where I am so far, hopefully today I can get working on the eyebrow and nostril area.

My Jurassic Park trilogy came in yesterday, it's an excellent reference for making a T-Rex.

I'll try to post a screenshot later tonight, I've been very busy lately with school work... all the professors decided to make the due date for thier projects on the same day. user added image

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.
# 18 16-10-2004 , 06:47 AM
Here is my current progress... remember all of this is completely re-built since I kinda broke the last one. user added image You can see the hand, which still needs detail but I think the fingers look rather nice for basic shape. They may need to be a bit more slender and closer together though.

In the second shot you can see my current progress on the head... I've still got lots of work to do but it's coming along quite nicely. I need to work on adding some hint of more bones under the skin, and I have to work on the snout/nostril area.

I'm still part way through Part 5 because I spent most of the night working on the head.

Tell me what you guys think, be critical! I won't cry, I promise. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.
# 19 16-10-2004 , 05:08 PM
Wow! Your T-rex is coming along very nicely. I can't wait to see it completed.

# 20 16-10-2004 , 07:10 PM
Very nice progress so far Exdaix! user added image Do you think you could show us some wires and also show both halves of the dino? Keep up the great progress, by the way! user added image

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 21 17-10-2004 , 02:58 AM
Today I fixed the nostril quite a bit, changed the indentation to the skull, worked on the stomach some more, played with the lower jaw, and added the flap of skin that is in the corner of the mouth.

I'll post wireframes down the road a little farther, as it is rather uninteresting now, plus I need to do a little cleanup on it.

I finished Part 5 and am working my way through Part 6.

Attached Images

# 22 20-10-2004 , 02:34 AM
Just a small update - I am still working on this, fear not. Just work has been piling up again... so I will be unable to work on it for another day or two. Stay tuned, the T-Rex will get finished, and I plan to add onto the T-Rex quite a bit... just give me some time right now. user added image