Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 18-11-2004 , 02:42 PM
Subscriber
Are you the owner of the stuff you made or does it belongs to the university?

If you are the owner, I guess I can help you out. I know a few people working at the vet university here in Québec and also in some college were they train the tech.

I see some great potential here.

Email me at: alain dot pilon at hec dot ca

# 17 18-11-2004 , 02:46 PM
Cool, I'll send you an email!

# 18 18-11-2004 , 04:18 PM
The fur is less frizzy now, though I'm still getting reports that it's too frizzy. The root splay value looks great on the body, but it causes the fur to go too far past it's no-fur zone, like into the mouth and past the ears, so I'm going to try mapping it. Also, I've found that if I have my spotlights on when I render fur, the fur is either too dark or too light, so I'm hoping that keying their intensity off until needed will work...

Attached Images
# 19 30-11-2004 , 04:21 PM
Getting much closer! I compromised on the lighting situation... I finally realized that, if I can't get any cheap control over the lighting on the fur, then I should just try to light the cat's skin to match. That seems to be working much better. I also toned the frizziness waaay down, though it's harder to tell in this shot. When some wider shots finish rendering, I'll post them.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 30-11-2004 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
Nice progress, I really like the idea. Keep at it user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX