Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 07-12-2004 , 01:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Hey surfer , I love this work....can't wait to see the finished article.
Oh and you have inspired me to get cracking on my own stuff again too .
I will watch this one carefully user added image
goodluck with it mate .

# 47 10-12-2004 , 04:35 AM
Hey Jango!
Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a blat but it slows the machine down when raytracing. looks better tho and I will post one of the shots later. You rock (as usual),

jsprogg!! Where have you been?? Good to see yah!

I hate to bore everyone with the same types of shots but here we go again. I have just been working on texturing the pipes-wires-cables in the neck and body sections so here is a piccy!

user added image

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>

Last edited by surfermcd; 10-12-2004 at 04:39 AM.
# 48 11-12-2004 , 06:56 PM
Amazing work so far, surfer! user added image I have been watching this thread for quite some time, but just haven't posted anything yet....sorry dude. I am looking forward to seeing the completed piece! What kind of texture do you plan on doing for the feet? Are you going to put this awesome cat in some sort of scene?

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 49 13-12-2004 , 10:44 AM
Hey

I have finished texturing the feet and you can get an idea from the pict enclosed. There is another picture of the feet on my website at...

www.winteractiv.com/wip.html

user added image

# 50 14-12-2004 , 09:22 AM
Subscriber
thats looking very nice Surfer.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 51 15-12-2004 , 10:11 PM
Wow, looks awesome. Have you ever read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451? This reminds me of the mechanical hound.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 52 15-12-2004 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
Now you've said that sales of that book are going to go through the roof so everyone here can find out about this mechanical hound.

# 53 15-12-2004 , 10:28 PM
It's worth it, because this hound here is awesome! It's cool putting a real image to something you read in a book.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 54 19-12-2004 , 10:25 PM
Hey wow!
I have never read the book Fahrenheit 451 but it is good to have that sort of encouragement about the droid model.

I am working on other parts of the scene and I will be posting some more updates shortly altho I have other commitments comming into Christmas and I may have to put this project on hold.

I already have more pictures of the droid posed but I am holding off in posting them here because I dont want to over saturate the thread with the same sort of pictures. It is looking very complex with a mixture of chrome and wires, it is hard to make out what parts are what which ads to the complexity and confusion of the image. It looks very "alien" and I am getting excited.
Promise an update soon.

On a sad note, dae has put his entry on hold for now. I hope that he continues working on his concept when he gets the time even if (like me) he does not make the deadline.

# 55 19-12-2004 , 10:29 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Surfer
Its coming along nice. I love the pipe work,hydraulics etc. Neat.
Have a good Christmas dude!!

_J