Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-02-2005 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber

Making a Mel Scripting Tutorial?

I see that there are none on this site?
I have made a bunch myself, and I was thinking of making some if anyone was interested in the MEL scripting portion of maya.

# 2 08-02-2005 , 02:11 AM
Subscriber
I haven't gotten that sophisticated yet... yet! But I'll get there so please do post them.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 08-02-2005 , 08:47 AM
mel scripts dont really translate well to video. It would be a bit boring to watch really... don't you think?

If anyone wants some I guess I could do some...

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 08-02-2005 , 08:23 PM
Yeah, I must agree with Alan. It would be pretty boring.

# 5 08-02-2005 , 08:33 PM
Subscriber
not even with some kind of cause & effect? Mel on one side, result on the other. oh well...

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 6 09-02-2005 , 09:07 AM
Subscriber
Hey bro, I say go for it, it can’t be any more boring then watching a model being put together and besides with out the basic under standing of mel? It would make it hard for any one to create a tool to help them self's out so you wouldn’t have to repeat the same complicated procedure over and over. I would make some videos if I could but Im a busy guy at the moment. user added image