Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-03-2005 , 01:41 PM

Image plane problems!!!

Hello, I'm a beginner maya, and I try to create my first 3d model. But, my first problem is very basic user added image , because I can't put the image plane in the same scale.

I try to create aircraft model. I use 3 image plane, in the same scale. But when I import this images in maya, the side image was in a big scale.

my question is; how I put same scale in the 3 images (in maya)?

Thanks and good luck !!

Attached Images

__('`··_ Lluc _··´')__
# 2 31-03-2005 , 01:52 PM
Subscriber
You need to take your picture into some image editing software, like Photoshop, and you can crop the individual images in there that are all the right size in relation to each other (so you'll have seperate side, front, top views, etc). Sorry, I can't go into much detail right now, I'm v. busy, but I'll post again with some more info soon as I get the chance.............

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 3 31-03-2005 , 02:01 PM
Thanks liza, I use 3 image plane: top view, front view and side view (in the same scale).

I upload this image for the web,because is more easy. user added image

__('`··_ Lluc _··´')__
# 4 01-04-2005 , 05:24 AM
im not sure if u r actually using image plane feature or the way the tutorial here teachs u.

since they all same size, u can try using image place feature in maya instead of using polygon plane as told in tutorial.

(the top/side/front pictures of the airplane must be matching size, and canvas height must be same too)

1) open up maya. make it show top/front/side view. Don't move the camera at all.

2) then, from the top view, select View>Image Plane>Import Image.

3) browse and select the top view picture of the airplane

4) go View>Image Plane>Image plane attributes. Change center y to like.. 20

5) do same w/ side and front. Side (center x to -20) Front (center z to -20)

center thingies moves the image plane. i hope u get it workin. im new to maya too

# 5 01-04-2005 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
lisa is pointing to the right anser I think. The eazyest way to do it is to make sure the 3 images are the same size in pixels.. in photoshop crop each one out in to a seprat image for that view plain. check the size of each one.. and what ever is the largest number in X or Y you use canvase size to add more res to the smaller croped images. that way there all the same size both in the picture and in res space, when you put them in maya you will not have a scale problem that way.. just try to get the image plains right in there location.

# 6 01-04-2005 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber
and if needed I could do a little demo on this blueprint its self.

# 7 01-04-2005 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber
I can remember where there is a very good tutorial on preparing orthographic image planes in photoshop, and then importing them into Maya. It can be found at www.3d-palace.com (sorry for plugging another site user added image ) - you will have to login to this site though if you wish to download the tut. It can be found under the free Maya tutorial section, and it is in the first part of the Jaguar tutorial. There is also, of course, an image plane tutorial on this site:

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=24

....I'm not too sure if this tut will teach you how to prepare the seperate images in Photoshop though. Worth a look anyhow.

Hope this helps,

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 8 01-04-2005 , 11:50 AM
Thanks Guys!! :p

I will give it a go, and I will never give up for learn a lot. Now I start to modeling

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL !!!!!!!!! user added image

Attached Thumbnails

__('`··_ Lluc _··´')__