Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-04-2005 , 03:56 PM
Subscriber

NEED HELP DAVE!

hello all, i know, long time no see, anyway, i have been off of maya for a long time now (will be back in 5 months, once i am done with this project i am doing)

i need some help with this website i am making, i thought i could as dave (finally, daves got a purpose user added image user added image)
i was working on a site for my aunt, dave, (i have it up on a free host for BETA test : https://www.tariq.trap17.com/fsgr/ )

the prob is that i want to get the data off and onto a mySQL database and retreive it, the problem is, the data is multiline, the result in the database when i retreive is that the all the multiline data is crumped into one straight string....

how can i do this??

Pls help,
Long lost member,
Tariq

# 2 21-04-2005 , 09:24 PM
SM Tea Boy
you need to replace \n (new line) with <BR>

in perl it would be
$data =~ s/\n/\<br\>/

As I don't know what language your using to retrieve your data I can't give a specific example

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 22-04-2005 , 07:20 AM
Subscriber
dave, dude, i am using flash for the submission thing, thats the prob, i am using PHP, so, all i am doing is a submit.php file with an INSERT function, a dynmic text field in flash -> mySQL database

pls, i am desperate for this,
T.

# 4 22-04-2005 , 10:08 AM
SM Tea Boy
in php it's

echo nl2br("this is what you have stored\nlalalalal");

will output

this is what you have stored<BR>lalalalal

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 22-04-2005 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
i get you dude, i know how to do it like that,,

my case is diff,,
(in did this flash), this is typically a cart (which shows one line each like:

1 x flosbury
1 x mangrene
3 x goosebumps

etc,,

but in mySQL its:
1 x flosbrury1 x mangrene3xgoosebumps,,

so the problem is in the cart, i cant show like

1 x flosbury\n
1 x mangrene\n....

so there should be method like newline or something right??

dude,, sorry if am troubling y'
Tariq

this is