Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 18-05-2005 , 10:24 PM

Killzone 2

So there a bit of a debate whether the footage scene was in game. I dont think it was. Aparantly is was rendered with the games engine, but i doubt its actual gameplay footage.

What do you think Mike?

https://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1668

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 2 18-05-2005 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
The only thing I can say is HOLY CRAP. That is some amazing stuff, I would like to hear Mike's opinion on it. But I have a question for him also, its probably really stupid, but I saw in game informer the new gizmondo handheld gaming thing. And on the upcoming releases I saw colors(the game). Is Gizmondo studios the same for the games and the device, or is just a coincedence?

Last edited by alienscience; 19-05-2005 at 12:43 AM.
# 3 19-05-2005 , 07:12 AM
the thing is most of those graphics could be done in realtime by a top notch PC engine (farcry,hl2,doom3 or the upcoming Unrreal3)... the smoke hair and dynamics are a litle too much good, but those assets displayed could be mostly used (on a top of the line hardware at low fps). But it is a PS2 game, so thats definitely NOT what youll see on your screen...

And of course you wont see such smooth camera shots and chaining of action as the displayed on that video, and you probably wont see em even on (2-3years) future games. All gameplay in there is simulated.

Last edited by dragonfx; 19-05-2005 at 07:32 AM.
# 4 19-05-2005 , 11:56 AM
I thought killzone 2 was for ps3. I have heard of tests being done on the pd3 with Unreal 3 engine and that the ps3 is blowing any computer out of the water so far. So I would say that it is possible for that to all be ingame footage for a launch title for ps3.

# 5 19-05-2005 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, it is for PS3. Hence the whole "next-gen era" at E3. It definently is not a ps2 one. But still, amazing crap.

# 6 20-05-2005 , 06:19 AM
Oh ya. Check out XB 360 gers of war. Yes these are screen in realtime game shots.

choose your speed

# 7 20-05-2005 , 01:45 PM
The Maya Mountain
Personally, I think it's pre-rendered. Maybe I'd be more inclined to believe it was an actual game if it had, oh, I don't know... A GAME HUD. I mean, come on... not even a target reticule in the middle. Health? Ammo? Radar? Something?

If I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I don't think so at the moment.

And yes, Gizmondo Studios (that I work for) is a first party developer for the hand held coming out.

# 8 20-05-2005 , 01:48 PM
Yeah, i was think about the lack of a hud.

Also, the smooth camera movement dosn't suggest actual gameplay.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 9 20-05-2005 , 06:49 PM
From what I gathered it is realtime rendered. I did not mean in game. sorry

# 10 20-05-2005 , 08:10 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, but since this is the production of it dont you think that it may be possible for the company to remove the reticle? I mean the animation may look very smooth and natural, and this may not be through a controller, but it still may be what the game is actually capapble of while playing. I dont know if you have played the first killzone, but when certain obstacles came into your way you were able to crawl over them, the animation seemed pretty good for that.