Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-05-2005 , 03:18 PM

First Scene Peaceful Violence

I recovered now and now I can concentrate on maya again!user added image
So now I have decided to do a scene, either a War scene or a Hunting Scene. (depending on wether I feel giddy or depressed at the time), (and no, im not bipolar). I have modeled the Gun so far. Oh, about my second model, the car taht I did, it came out horrible, in the render with messed up shadeing and all that so I just dumped the whole project. Now, I will Still use NURBS, because thats the only way I know to use. So heres the gun

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by MattTheMan; 22-05-2005 at 11:48 PM.
# 2 22-05-2005 , 07:22 PM
Heres what I got in a test render. In the textures, I didnt bother to do the UV layout, though I understand that it is necesarry in larger scenes where the model is created with polys and is one part. Thats one of the reasons I like NURBS, because i don't have to do the Layout. Well, technically, my model is ALL polys, but they are conveted from NURBS. The image you see is unsmoothed.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-05-2005 , 09:25 PM
An update
Added a chain, and am gonna change the scene to a park type thing

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 22-05-2005 , 10:14 PM
Done Some more, pretty close now to the final render. Pretty close, but not there yet. Please point out whats wrong with it so i have an idea. Tha fact that the whole ground isnt complete i know of already.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 22-05-2005 , 11:46 PM
More Done, if this is the way I am going, then I'm not very close to the final render. Please tell my HONESTLY what you think. For a first scene, is it
A. AWESOME
B. Great
C. Good
D. Not bad...
E. fair
F. poor
G. bad
H. horrible
I. should stop workin on it cuz its cr@p

# 6 22-05-2005 , 11:47 PM
sorry forgot the pic

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 22-05-2005 , 11:58 PM
Added a peice of paper but couldn't resist showing you what was on it user added image user added image

Attached Thumbnails