Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 19-06-2005 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
okay, new scene update...softened the light rays quite a bit and darkened the water...also added some shadows..i had originally done it as depth map, but i kept getting really bad results...darkened parts of my model that i didnt want and it was really pixelated when i tried bluring/softening it...so i switched to raytrace and i like the results much better...even though my rendering takes a bit longer.
i'm thinking of adding some foliage...possibly a school of fish or jellyfish...the scene's a little bland at the moment...but we'll see how that goes and if i have time user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 19-06-2005 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber
okay...added a particle system to simulate a school of fishies...here's the scene

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 19-06-2005 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
i just made a quick fish model...nothing detailed since you can't really see them in the scene...used the reference image of the fish as the texture...here it is

Attached Images
# 19 19-06-2005 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber

Idea

have here is a thought, maybe you could put more dolphins in there. I was looking at it an for me it was begging for some more in the back ground and you could do it really easily. I think you could add a lot of interest to the shot that way. Anyway the model looks really nice good stuff.

CDV
# 20 19-06-2005 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
Scene looks very moody, i like the single dolphin! Nice lighting user added image

# 21 19-06-2005 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
thanks!

i thought about adding a couple more dolphins...a mate and a baby perhaps...and some coral off to the side where the fish are comin from

it took me a while to figure out how to get everything the way it is...this is really the first time i've done anything with regards to setting up a scene...i like how it's turning out...the particles were a pain though...i kept creating thousands of particles from thin air somehow while trying to instance my fish! >_<

# 22 21-06-2005 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
okay...here's the scene so far...added a baby dolphin...and a couple more in the background...also put in some foliage in the fore and background...how's it looking?

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 22-06-2005 , 09:08 AM
Subscriber
maybe abit to dark, but overall it looks pretty good.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk