Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-06-2005 , 01:25 PM

Two finished projects

Well, I have been a simply maya user for quite some time now but I haven't been active on the site or posted anything for a long time. anyway it's good to be back, these two are my 4th and 5th finished projects I worked on and I wanted to show them to the community. I would gladly appreciate any comments or feedback.

I posted them both on the same thread cause i thought it would be better.

Cheers

Last edited by Amir_Unreal; 27-06-2005 at 01:43 PM.
# 2 27-06-2005 , 01:33 PM
Here's the first one

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 27-06-2005 , 01:35 PM
And here's the second one

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 27-06-2005 , 02:25 PM
Welcome back to the community!
I must say, those images are both excellent! But I noticed in image one that the tall flowers by the door are growing from the concrete. Maybe you should put some flower pots there.
Other than that, Great job! user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 5 27-06-2005 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
Very nice work. I like the feel of both. I would recommend some compositional changes. In the first image pan or track left so that the woman is looking in frame (or move her right).

In the second the bridge in mid-ground appears to overlap the wall in foreground.

For both, you may want to consider tilt the camera or raising or lowering it to create more "action." Both are rather flat right now due to being. Remember a high camera tends to make a subject look weaker, submissive, desolate, etc. While a low camera ange tends to add strength and power to a subject.

For the 1st I'd recommend raising the camera to "weight" the scenes emotion for the woman. For second lower it closer to the water and aim up toward the moon. This will also give more leading lines.

Check out the following site for some composition basics: https://photoinf.com/General/ITRC_UMT...ion_Basics.htm

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."

Last edited by mhcannon; 27-06-2005 at 04:31 PM.
# 6 28-06-2005 , 05:07 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the comments guys and positive responses, you're both right at what you say i need a bit more practice on composition and to fix the little mistakes here and there, (by the way great tut on comp mhcannon)

even though these both projects are pretty much done with for me and i'm working right know on other things, but with these feedback and hopefully more i can make something better and fix those things that are still on the rough side for my next projects.

user added image

# 7 13-07-2005 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
i like the last picture, but the moon looks lite its from another picture user added image