Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 04-08-2005 , 06:39 PM
well i just mean you shouldnt model with your ref in your viewport...!
so keep on working...

# 17 04-08-2005 , 06:40 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude

I gonna be harsh. It doesnt resemble Hendrix. I think you need to spend more time on the form of the face as the proportions are way out. More time is needed in just looking at images of Hendrix alone, not just stuff in the viewport. Embed his face in your mind if it helps.

References to looking at the wire frame are irrelevant right now, when theres more to the job right now than viewing a wire as also is doing the clothing. Also trying to model the face squinting wont help you right now either, you are only making a rod for your own back.Model at default level then create a blend shape of the expression last.

Sorry if this is harsh but Id rather be honest in my crit, than give you some blase crap.

Anyway
Best regards

_J
The artist formerly known as Jango

# 18 06-08-2005 , 08:10 AM

Originally posted by Jay
Dude

I gonna be harsh. It doesnt resemble Hendrix. I think you need to spend more time on the form of the face as the proportions are way out. More time is needed in just looking at images of Hendrix alone, not just stuff in the viewport. Embed his face in your mind if it helps.

References to looking at the wire frame are irrelevant right now, when theres more to the job right now than viewing a wire as also is doing the clothing. Also trying to model the face squinting wont help you right now either, you are only making a rod for your own back.Model at default level then create a blend shape of the expression last.

Sorry if this is harsh but Id rather be honest in my crit, than give you some blase crap.

Anyway
Best regards

_J
The artist formerly known as Jango

Its cool lol, I agree with you.. I will be gone for 2 weeks on vacation so I will put this project on a temporary hold..

# 19 06-08-2005 , 08:35 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Schweet!!

Have a cool holiday dude, we'll be waiting.

_J

# 20 08-08-2005 , 04:04 PM
Subscriber
The scary thing about this thread is that i was just listening to "who knows" when i found this thread.

# 21 22-08-2005 , 04:58 AM

Originally posted by ckyuk
The scary thing about this thread is that i was just listening to "who knows" when i found this thread.

I love that song..

# 22 23-08-2005 , 05:25 PM
he shaved... user added image user added image

# 23 23-08-2005 , 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Billy_Cat
he shaved... user added image

I cant figure out how to make the hair lol..

Last edited by Billy_Cat; 26-08-2005 at 10:00 PM.