Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 61 12-08-2005 , 08:06 AM
baheno : i think you need a real obvious sharp shadow comes from the moon..actually the moon got sharp shadow.it will give some sort of mood to the scene i think.and maybe DOF.

Originally posted by cyclad
cool but let me ask you. why dont the default renderers come with active preview in the gui? i mean most of the other progs i use have active renderer. or is alias just "special"

actually i use the img_disp when i close maya.its little bit faster to render throw command line not to mention ram saving..and i can still browsing or chatting but if i render throw maya my ram = 0 and swaping start in very bad way + when the render finish the retireving time is very long..

hope that helps user added image

# 62 12-08-2005 , 10:06 AM
okay, little progress update then

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 63 12-08-2005 , 02:39 PM
'nother update, damn those arms were a pain to figure out how to do user added image

Attached Images
# 64 12-08-2005 , 03:21 PM
okay, the minifig is fully modelled, gonna add some accesories (sp?), like airtube, helmet, and different guns

Attached Thumbnails
# 65 12-08-2005 , 07:34 PM
nice lego dude user added image
as long as we dont see any lego jedi user added image

# 66 12-08-2005 , 09:29 PM

LEGOS

Legos are one of the greatest toys ever made, I'm glad to see them. The models are looking nice. Great job.

# 67 13-08-2005 , 08:55 AM
fast render, and now there's a gun! user added image

Attached Images
# 68 13-08-2005 , 09:32 AM
just playin' around

Attached Images
# 69 13-08-2005 , 05:29 PM
That lego guy is freaking awsome user added image user added image

# 70 21-08-2005 , 02:49 AM
I think you should keep the scene it like that. That's a sweet legoman.user added image

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 71 21-08-2005 , 08:17 AM

Originally posted by Shadeblade
I think you should keep the scene it like that. That's a sweet legoman.user added image

Thanks, but naaah, I'm gonna add some walls for the little men to take cover behind and I've posed the bear to sit in a corner now.

The only problem I have now is my rendering settings, need to tweak those and maybe redo the walls.
Currently the walls are just a single poly cube with a psd-texture that's got transparency and bump to imitate the look of several planks, Think I might need to change that...

# 72 29-08-2005 , 06:13 PM
okay, the competition is nearing it's end and so is my contribution. It's been a rough week going back to school and startin the various 3d-projects we're about to do there and continuing on this one, I'm feeling pretty satisfied with how it looks at the moment but I still have some tweaking left to do, with only one more day to touch up my scene and the one last day to try various rendering-settings i'm feeling pretty confident on completing this piece.

Don't think it'll be enough to compete for the first price, but I'm still hoping...

anyways, here's a little sneak user added image

Attached Thumbnails