Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 241 15-11-2002 , 04:37 PM
Kevin
holy shit!!!!!

thanks man "saving to desktop" now user added image

# 242 15-11-2002 , 04:37 PM

finally an update!

Sorry I havent updated for a while I'm having trouble burning stuff to CD and I didnt have an internet connection at home.

So here we are then:

I have decided to make the bug a light attack vehicle mainly due to a complete lack of inspiration as far as weaponry goes. I really couldnt figure out a nice looking solution. If I can then I could have different variants of the mech e.g. transport, heavy attack, light attack etc.

Done a bit of texturing I'm not the best at this sort of thing so any ideas are welcome.

The WASP still rocks though!!! user added image

# 243 15-11-2002 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber

Composite

So...and now i leave you alone with my wasp, until it's finished...postet enough images of her ;O))

# 244 15-11-2002 , 04:51 PM
Kevin
check out my cool desktop in the members area user added image

# 245 15-11-2002 , 04:58 PM
Hi, Guys

I haven´t had any chance at all to update the showcase, I promise you guys will have it updated for tomorrow. (Formatting my machine).

Anyway,

BulletProof: This is one good looking mech you´ve got now, especially that metallic look you gave it on the desktop image. I believe you do have a talent for it. Excellent Entry mate!
Animating it perhaps? user added image

Pure_Morning: Another great entry, I´m happy seeing this one being textured. Do you intend to rig it?

Babyduck: Excellent, keep on it!

To everyone else, we are exactly at the middle of the month. I suggest you guys finish modelling soon, if not finished yet, to give chance to texture and lighting phases and such.

Regards all ...

# 246 15-11-2002 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber

Texturing

Sorry....haven't even finished texturing yet..the legs, the wings, and the head still needs to be textured right...afterwards if i have enough time, i'll give it a try animating the whole thing,...or are there any volunteers ? user added image

# 247 15-11-2002 , 05:02 PM
Kevin
great work there Pure_Morning! good to see an update on your entry.

And bullet, why did you have to put up another shot for? now i want another 1024 x 768 user added image

# 248 15-11-2002 , 05:21 PM
Get it into the desktops thread mate! not here!
Darn Kevin is making them dissobey image posting rules ...
LMAO user added image

Excellent composite by the way Bulletproof!

# 249 15-11-2002 , 05:29 PM
BulletProof: Are you using a GI Joe type lighter or is it a three point lighting kind of thing?

# 250 15-11-2002 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

Lighting

no GI-Joe Script...just 3 simple direkt lights...one casting shadows....the other two not...and a spot-light for the thruster...If you want anything further, you can download the Scene....under https://www.laesser.ch/wasp.ace

greets

b u l l e t

# 251 15-11-2002 , 06:13 PM
Hey great! I had seen the link before but I´figured since I´m formatting, then perhaps d-load it after the Format is through.

I´ll check it out bud! Thanks!

# 252 15-11-2002 , 06:58 PM
ok quick question for you guys: I have some NURBS tubes on this model and I want to change them to polygons so that I can combine them with the leg to create one object. So I go to modify>>convert>> NURBS to Polygons. And all this seems to do is create a new copy of the tube whether or not it's polygon I'm not sure. So i try to delete the original tube and then move the polygon one into place to combine but as soon as I delete the nurbs one both tubes dissapear! Help?!

Oh and I have got the main rig in place as well (But As i know NOTHING about rigging it will probably all go a bit Pete Tong on me!!! user added image )

Alan

# 253 15-11-2002 , 07:22 PM
Subscriber
Sound like your history button was enabled at the time of creation of the converted surface.

Kill history from the main menu. (I think its under "modify")

Delete other-->History (or something like that)

Or convert nurbs-surface to polys without history button on.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 254 15-11-2002 , 10:26 PM
Supreme Being
wicked stuff ppl.. really amazing.. :p
welcome to SM RayRay.. :p

# 255 15-11-2002 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber
BulletProof your mech is very amazing !!:p
i post some new pics of my mech (no so beautiful than you ;-) )

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !