Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-12-2005 , 10:43 AM

Creating HDRI Images

Just had a bit of a thought and guessed you guys would be the best to run it past!

If I had a series of images in the correct format for HDRI's (24 bit Tif's I think would do??) could I use the Spherise tool in photoshop to create a basic light probe image, and then use the HDR shop software to compose the differently exposed images in to one hdr image??

I might be barking up the wrong tree but I just had a bit of a think about trying to create HDRI's in the most simple way so any comments would be great.

Cheers

# 2 02-12-2005 , 09:08 PM
Thats a great idea! But you can save something like the probe as a JPG and just have HDR shop convert it to HDRI

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 03-12-2005 , 06:09 PM
Cool, gonna give it a try, I know you need to take pictures of various exposures to get the full range of lights.

Thought that this way you wouldn't have to play about with a chrome ball etc.

Anyone else got any ideas on this?

# 4 04-12-2005 , 08:53 PM
No you dont need any exposures... all you need is the probe and you adjust the exposure inside HDR shop./

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 5 06-12-2005 , 09:49 AM
Im sure to get the full benifit of using the HDRI map for real world reflections it's best to use different exposures, hence getting the high dynamic range, as a camera can't take a picture with the full range of exposures that our eyes can.

https://www.gregdowning.com/HDRI/stitched/

shows how the images are composed to form a full range image