Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 14-12-2005 , 11:03 PM
I might do the suspension and i will do a floor or something so its not so see through.

And negetive i have never followed a car tutorial.

# 32 15-12-2005 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
I might do the suspension and i will do a floor or something so its not so see through.

And negetive i have never followed a car tutorial.

Awesome work thenuser added image

# 33 15-12-2005 , 11:55 PM
Yeah i really wish i checked out that tutorial.. it took me a week of planning just to make a decent rim... and ive had to remake areas repetedly.. And i only had a side reference... So on my next project i fully plan to have at LEAST 3 references...

But is there anything notibly wrong or possible improvements?

# 34 16-12-2005 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
user added image

It looks good but 2 things stand out to me, the roof loks like it caves in a little.. not curved enough, where the hood mees the fender,, it dont look flush. but thats just me.

# 35 27-12-2005 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
*cough*... image

twisteddragon33,
In the first page of this thread and counting 8 posts down, you included an image of your door after it had been smoothed. (Note... the post that I am refering to is the one in the quote above). Well, I wanted to know how did you get that nice folded crease on the door window area without having too many polygons?

I tried doing it in sub-d, but after converting it back to polygons with the settings set to adaptive and division per face set to 1, the polygon count increased about 3 times the original amount of polygons. Furthermore, if I tried converting the sub-d's to polygons with the settings set to vertices and the level set to 0, I loose the creases. In addition. I also tried setting the edge hardness to hard but that only gave me a horrible 90 degree sharp crease.

I ask this because after watching the ferarri tutorial, from simply maya tutorials, the way they show you is by tweeking it in sub-d but when they convert back to polygons, they left the polygon count very high. In fact, their grand total of polygons after it had been converted back to polygons was about 200,000 polygons. However, I am tring to keep the polygon count as low as possible for an internet game and after seeing your image there has to be a way that you did it.

could you help me out in this please?

BTW... you have done an awsome job on this so far. I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5.

Last edited by junkyBob; 27-12-2005 at 01:33 AM.