Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 01-01-2006 , 09:30 AM
Subscriber
Have a look at your "Construction History Toggle" button, it's probably inactive user added image

Last edited by Pyrus; 01-01-2006 at 09:33 AM.
# 17 01-01-2006 , 02:04 PM
Subscriber
This is for the wacky image plane or the transformation tools when extruding? Also, where do I find this toggle? I know how to delete history, but not where to toggle it on and off.

Gracias user added image

EDIT: Ah, ok, I see it is for the transformation tools, and it worked. Thanks very much. Any suggestions for the other problem?

Last edited by Nusirilo; 01-01-2006 at 02:08 PM.
# 18 01-01-2006 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
Ooops sry Nus, I missed that point user added image

I'm not really sure but this may be caused by the placement texture node which is connected to the lambert used as MDS texture.

Open the hypershade, select the wacky (lambert) and then click on the "Input & Output Connections" button. There you can see the placement node "place2dTexture" appearing within the work area. I you select it, I guess the rotation factor is not the right one, ... in the attrib.mngr.

>> what could, I guess, explain that your origin file is still right, but even when you create a new plane, no matter, the placement node is set user added image

Well, hopin' that's the right point user added image

# 19 01-01-2006 , 06:35 PM
Subscriber
I checked the rotation and it's at 0. In the inputs and outputs that the file box has a perfectly straight image. It makes no sense as to why the plane is crooked. I mean, I can probably get away without using it anymore, because I am almost finished the arms anyways and I still have the head reference image in tact, but it annoys me nonetheless.

Thanks for your help so far man, I appreciate it.

# 20 01-01-2006 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
Then I really hope not encountering this dude user added image

But as I consider this annoying too, I really would like to know where it comes from :attn:
Any last version available ?
A simple scene of gi_tut with all deleted, except the planes would be cool.

Or would it be related to your prefs ? ...

Last edited by Pyrus; 01-01-2006 at 06:48 PM.
# 21 02-01-2006 , 04:49 AM
ive got the same problem, and i found if you go to shading -> high quality rendering then my image displays correctly, but you cant choose options like xray, its really annoying user added image

# 22 05-01-2006 , 04:12 PM
i think i found the problem, but im not sure lol. i tried with the a image came up wonky, took it into photoshop enlarged it, saved it, then used the enlarged version, and now it displ;ays properly