Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 13-01-2006 , 09:05 AM

Alias->Autodesk news

# 2 13-01-2006 , 08:59 PM
19 year Veteran
There has been so much ranting about this and even more so since Autodesk just finially recently fully aquired Alias. The only thing they have said so far is making Maya and Max more compatible with each other. Only time will tell if they merge both applications into one single product, which "could" spell bad news for Autodesk, if all the clients, and studios that use Maya, dislike a move like that.

# 3 16-01-2006 , 09:28 PM
I acctually got visa few months ago to enter gaming industry. mastering maya is the "only" thing I have to be really good at to join them. Maya...heh...damn... I'm just not lucky.

btw. darijo javi se koji put na icq! cujemo se.

If the worst hasn't happened yet, that's because you haven't tried everything yet!
# 4 16-01-2006 , 11:10 PM
19 year Veteran
We don't know whats going to happen with the 2 applications. I reccomend that you keep learning Maya. In my honest opinion, Maya should stay pretty much the same. The only real change I see happening ( If it happens at all ) is with 3ds Max, since it's a windows only application. Intergrating it into Maya as it is, I think is not possible.

Of course this is just my own speculation.

# 5 17-01-2006 , 12:41 PM
I would also like to think so, but... you know...
I think it will be bad move for alias to "do something" with maya.
Let 'em improve it as they want, no autodesk suggestions and so.
maya rules!:attn:

If the worst hasn't happened yet, that's because you haven't tried everything yet!
# 6 19-01-2006 , 01:28 AM
no teapot primitive please!

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 7 19-01-2006 , 10:13 PM
I dont know, I like Max a lot as well. Its polygon modeling toolset seemse more interactive that Maya's, and its subdivision handling algorithm is nicer then Maya's, though Max doesn't have the two subdivision creasing tools that Maya does.

Max is nice. I'm also learning XSI now, or going to start, once my uncle decides to let me borrow his copy. I think its good to start early if I want a carrer in the industry.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 8 25-01-2006 , 02:55 AM

Originally posted by EX-Nitro
I acctually got visa few months ago to enter gaming industry. mastering maya is the "only" thing I have to be really good at to join them. Maya...heh...damn... I'm just not lucky.

btw. darijo javi se koji put na icq! cujemo se.

Thats what you get when you focus on the tool! user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....