Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 286 09-02-2006 , 11:42 PM
i added a texture in the mouth.do not look at the tongue stg happened with the texture user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 287 10-02-2006 , 12:00 AM
Subscriber
The tongue is looking much better. But it should not hover against the lower palette it should lay upon it. Trying making this pose in a mirror look what your tongue is doing and mimick it here. Remember our physiology is very close to the ape family.

You are going to fix the gums right?

Look at the kong picture also look at your mouth in a mirror.
Notice how the gums come around the teeth. Keep this in mind while you change it.

# 288 10-02-2006 , 03:03 AM
thanx i will try it for the tongue but for the gum, it will be hard.

# 289 11-02-2006 , 03:11 AM
i just added a simple color to his gum and teeth to see what i could get in the final render.

Attached Thumbnails
# 290 11-02-2006 , 04:18 AM
nice:attn:

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 291 11-02-2006 , 04:13 PM
Looking good mc-fleury. user added image

However I still think that the inside of the mouth needs some work. The tounge is looking a lot better, but i think you need to connect it to the lower part of the mouth. At the moment it kind of looks like it is floating. As others have mentioned, you need to do some work on the gums to ensure that each tooth has its own gum rather than a big mass.

Also, I think you need to do some more work on the side and back part of the mouth - at the moment the bottom and top part of the jaw do not look connected.

Hope this helps!

# 292 11-02-2006 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
Given the amount of time and the effect of realizm that you must achieve by that time is rather daunting.

What I would do given the time left:

Close his mouth, doing his lips are going to be a lot easier that doing inner lining of the jaw and working detail into the gums and teeth and then having to texture all that.

Then work on his expression a little more around the eyes, you're almost there. Texture the eyes. Pop out his ear a bit more. Lay down some fur, and dont make the fur too clean looking. Refer to the picture that I attached before of the gorilla on the right. His whole head is not covered with fur. Throw down some scraggle and what not.

You are going to model and texture his shoulders and upper torso right? This is neccesary for the complete shot, but not for the contest.

Then work on getting an appropriate background. Then adjust the lights accordingly.

Then polish the render. You will do many test renders at this point of the project and this takes time.

This is a lot of stuff that has to be done and im excluding the whole entire part of the inside of the mouth.

No reason he still couldn't look menacing with his mouth closed. The focus of the piece would be taken away from his mouth and onto his eyes, if you do it right. Which is looking pretty da*n good already.

Think about it.

# 293 11-02-2006 , 07:22 PM
i connecte his ongue and added texture to the eyes.

Attached Thumbnails
# 294 11-02-2006 , 09:33 PM
amazing:bow: :bow:

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 295 11-02-2006 , 09:47 PM
Alright already... add fur, you can't make it look any better now... it looks just fine! Don't tweak it now, you're just gonna screw it up if you tweak it, it looks perfect now! :bow:

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 296 12-02-2006 , 12:36 AM
thanx, its not pefect at all , still need to add texture on the gum and teeth and i could make the gum a lot nicer but...i dont know if i should spend time on it.anyway thanx a lot for these comments.user added image

# 297 12-02-2006 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
Great progress on the gorrila mc-fleury! One thing that i need to crit is the low resolution of the texture map on his eyes. They look fuzzy...

# 298 12-02-2006 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber
Those eyes are too much. I say you either make them white or you make the eyes less piercing. It's too scary and doesn't look like a real creature.

My password is ********.
# 299 12-02-2006 , 05:28 PM
the resolutionmap of the eye is 2056 by 2056.sephiroth, you say that the eye should be darker or...

# 300 12-02-2006 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber
yea the eyes dont look right maybe they look kinda lambert need some reflection i think. Try a good tut on eyes mate as many peeps say the eyes are what give ure models char. etc. user added image