Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-03-2006 , 04:35 AM

print system date and hour how?

what code I use to print actual date and hour of system?

using this same thread, I want to ask what is the best way to store large amount of text strings, where do I can store it?

# 2 25-03-2006 , 02:09 PM
You can write you text strings out to a file, look at fwrite, fread etc.

As for the date and time, i don't know.

# 3 27-03-2006 , 12:26 PM
Judging by what I see in the Maya MEL reference library, (or maybe I should say by what I DON'T see), if you want date and time, you will need to write a plug-in to do it . . .

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 4 27-03-2006 , 04:28 PM
not sure about windows but on linux you can do this:

system("date");

//Result: Mon Mar 27 17:26:46 BST 2006

and then parse the string. If you can find a windows DOS command that will return the date then do the same thing in windows and it shoud work. No need for a plugin.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 27-03-2006 , 07:22 PM
If you run that in windows you get:

system("date");

// Result: The current date is: Mon 03/27/2006
Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) //

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 6 27-03-2006 , 07:36 PM
You *might* be able to get away with this:

system("time/T");

system("date/T");

// Result: 12:22p

// Result: Mon 03/27/2006

but your best bet, if you are looking for just the result to be displayed is do it like this:

string $d = `system("date/T")`;
string $t = `system("time/T")`;

then do the necessary string extraction which I am to lazy to spend the time to write for you . . . . you can find the string manipulation commands in the Maya library, and it is good practice, as you will use them a lot, if you do much coding.