Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 106 21-04-2006 , 02:17 PM
Subscriber
Whasup Dawgs...
Here is a small update. I am shaping the inside a bit better and am slowly adding more geometry

Attached Thumbnails

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 107 22-04-2006 , 12:55 PM
Subscriber
I am re doing the ear now.

I just got a new copy of photoshop and i couldn't help myself from slapping down a quick coulor map to see what it looks like. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 108 23-04-2006 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatte.., you crafty bugger, you've given us the best angle on the ear. We all know it looks like a job done by a plastic surgeon that was pissed and thought he was doing a breast construction. Come on maaate, give us the side view.

seriously, looks 100% better, though i am curious to see how it is attached, remember there is very little in skin surface that is actually attatche the ear. seek and ye shall find, or feel and ye shall find.

the texture..? looking goood..! Better you than me, I'd spend at least a month trying to do what you have done, I guess next, instead of the mirror or the books, feel your own ear and how it is attached to your head, I just did to see if it works (it could be a sign of madness, which if so, disregard everything I ever say) and it seems to be appropriate in 'seeing' how little cartilage is used to attach the ear, not much that's for sure. I can only say it is 100% better and the texture on the other jpeg is great.

cheers user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 109 23-04-2006 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber
Thanks.
Here is your side veiw Mirek user added image
Have only attached the two models together and it will take another hour or so to make it look good.

I spent a few hours the other day studying on the shape of the ear and getting about 10 reference pics and i finally made sumthing that looks good (In my opinion)

Apart from the Lack of the ear hole this is basically what it will look like.

C&C Welcome user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 110 23-04-2006 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber

Attached Thumbnails

# 111 23-04-2006 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber
fantastic mate, give it a fraction more crease under the lobe (if it fits your thinking) , looks great, really.., ::attn: maaaaaaate user added image

make the crease come in from behind., I think that would be best. these are just suggestions my friend.

Last edited by mirek03; 23-04-2006 at 01:17 AM.
# 112 23-04-2006 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber
Like this?

Attached Thumbnails

# 113 23-04-2006 , 01:52 AM
Subscriber
yea, don't come much better (there is a hidden message there somewhere) and I don't think anyone is going to be doing an anotomy examination of your characters ears.., now on to the nose.. :blush: user added image

great job myfriend, 'from here, its all your ear'.. LOL user added image

hole in one mate...

# 114 23-04-2006 , 01:52 AM
much better, though there's still some oddities, but still, its acceptable now.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 115 23-04-2006 , 01:57 AM
Subscriber
seeing as Matt has similar feelings, I'll have to give it to yu straight, the ear looks 'stuck' to the head.., on the floor and give us fifty... :headbang: user added image

# 116 23-04-2006 , 04:21 AM
Subscriber
One...Two...Three...Four... user added image
I think i have fixed the ear now.

Mirek, What do ya mean about the nose?

Attached Thumbnails

# 117 23-04-2006 , 08:41 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Some Guy

Yeah the ear looks stuck on unfortunately. I went thru a phase 3 years back where mine had the same look. The previous version of your ear was actually closer. The inner branches of the ear are however too thick and are not quite correct in their placement.

The face itself needs more rounding out at the front as it lools like shes been hit very hard. I have red penned areas for improvement to start on. Proportions are way out in a lot of places. She has no bridge on her nose either thats causing that flat look. The nose looks way too long as well and at this 3/4 perspective view she has no features on the other side, this looks like a side view.

will attach some bits for you later...

Jay

# 118 23-04-2006 , 09:53 AM
Subscriber
yea, see?? like Jay said, no neeed to go into the nose right now, Jay has given you all the mail you need right now, just loooook at your pictures and seeee what is there, not what you have brainwashed to think you see.

maaaaate, your in there with a shot, a few more tweaks and Bob's your uncle.., but how much can a koala bare.., the bloody lot!

cheers mate. user added image

and anyway, how would you feel if YOUR ear stuck out like that, you wouldn't go outside for quids... user added image

Last edited by mirek03; 23-04-2006 at 09:56 AM.
# 119 23-04-2006 , 12:03 PM

Originally posted by mirek03
maaaaate, your in there with a shot, a few more tweaks and Bob's your uncle.., but how much can a koala bare.., the bloody lot!

lol, Aussie talk is so hard to understand... and I think a quid is a drink, right??? user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 120 23-04-2006 , 06:33 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
As promised my red penned stuff. I had to go out which is why I didnt post it earlier

Jay

Attached Thumbnails