Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-06-2006 , 09:40 AM

Black scene

Hi
It's not realy a problem but rather a question just to know.
Normally the stage of maya is gray .. but i did somthink, I do no what, but now my stage is compleet black...
Its not a problem for me to work in that black stage, but i was just wondering where i changed a setting ..

Gr Vlargon

# 2 25-06-2006 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber
iam too too sure what you mean? is it that you want to change the background color from the default gray into i.e. blue. go to window > settings prefferences > colors...
there are 3 menus. general, active and inactive. in the general tab go through the options. you should come to "background". then ajust the color that you want.

i think the problem is that you hit the 7 key. this displays how much light you have in your scene. so your work area turned black because you have no lights. press 5 or something to change back to normal.

hope that helped. user added image

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 3 25-06-2006 , 11:15 AM
It was the first problem
I have no idea how i did it, i never saw that pref window befor.

Thanks for the help :attn:

# 4 25-06-2006 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
about hitting the 7 key. that only makes the objects in your scene turn black (if you have no lights). not the whole work area.

iam glad i could help. user added image

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 5 26-06-2006 , 10:15 AM
No not the 7 key user added image

also in 5 or 4 it was black user added image i changed some how my background color user added image