Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-07-2006 , 02:21 PM

Centaur!

Woot, finally finished it... Kind of. Something about the hat and the horse, makes her look like a cowgirl. Oh well.
Well, since it is from the tutorials, but I'm going beyond them, it's not really trouble with the tutorials.
I think I understand the basics of skeletons and binding, but I have no idea where to even begin on the clothes, since they probably won't move with the skeleton that's attached to the *model*.
Yes, no idea.

Oh, and she's bald because she can be.

...and because I don't know how to do hair/fur yet.

Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!
(First completed model, thanks for the tutorial everyone!)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-07-2006 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Looks very good. I would only suggest, maybe don't have such a harsh transition from the gut to the.... part of the horse just below the gut. if you rounded that a bit more it would look more natural, I think, and she could still have that nice belly. Good job, though, It looks really good.

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 3 20-07-2006 , 02:04 AM
Thanks for the advice! I might smooth it out a little. -nod-

# 4 20-07-2006 , 05:42 AM
Just in case you haven't already, you may want to check this link out, it is a fast way to animate a biped, quadraped or a Centaur . . . Check out the "install" file included. I have a bird created too, but I am waiting for them to fix the download section of this site before I upload the final version of Walkerman.

https://www.simplymaya.com/download_p...tid=6&typeid=4

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 20-07-2006 at 05:45 AM.
# 5 20-07-2006 , 10:58 AM
That looks great! Thanks! I really wanted to do *something* with this Centaur, so I think that'll help. I'll check it out.