Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-07-2006 , 02:53 AM

help me establish the next shot

# 2 20-07-2006 , 03:48 AM
Subscriber
good stuff.
good timing.

i think he should gte a burst of strength, [good anticipation shot]
then push so hard that he falls over the other side.

or you can make him try and try and cant push anymore and eventually falls on the ground while trembling... etc..

keep going

# 3 20-07-2006 , 08:23 AM
thanks man. i'll consider your suggestion..just figuring out how the next pose will look likeuser added image

# 4 20-07-2006 , 11:52 AM
Senior Software Developer
Like it...

I would bring the block in the second push, back slightly as it seems to lean over a little more...

Then make him walk off shot (In a bit of a mood - you know p***ed off) and get him to run at it and trip over the block and fall off the edge.

I think the falling off the edge thing is a must, the shot has that anticipation about it. Was that your intention?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 20-07-2006 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
mayj_kickass, thtis is really well animated...Like it alot!

how about before he falls off, make his foot slip out from under him as he is pushing and falls on his face or something and then he gets up "P****d off" and does whatever...

But nicely done mate...

Sometimes you eat the bear...Sometimes the bear eats you...
Either way...shit happens

https://www.fadedseoul.com
# 6 21-07-2006 , 01:50 AM
thank you guys. i'll take note of everything

I think the falling off the edge thing is a must, the shot has that anticipation about it. Was that your intention?

you're right there buddy, the shot has that anticipation leading the viewer to think that he's going to fall off the edge..and it was my intention really. ironicallly, i'm thingking of not making the shot end that way..but i can't think of a good idea and twist. user added image

# 7 21-07-2006 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
a good twist would be, he steps back and gets ready to charge to knock it down, maybe hold that pose for like a sec and half, then get a hint of movement of him about to to charge, [but not yet] but then the wall just falls by its self.
you could make ver dramatic by making the wall fall, then make it crack [very snappy timing on the cracks] then the guy looks at the camera. the end.
:p

shameless plug: heres an animation i did yester day in class. what do u think
i love snappy motion!
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=bustGoBy.flv

# 8 21-07-2006 , 01:14 PM
Senior Software Developer

Originally posted by vladimirjp
a good twist would be, he steps back and gets ready to charge to knock it down, maybe hold that pose for like a sec and half, then get a hint of movement of him about to to charge, [but not yet]

To put a twist on it further, as he runs towards it he trips and just knocks it gently with his fingertips. Twist being he put all that effort into it before but his trip did it instead.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)