Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-08-2006 , 02:55 PM

Publishing Movies in Maya

Guys what's the deal. I make animations and so far can only publish them after going through playblast. Then it shows the soft mode edits, the XYZ thing in the corner and it has poor resolution. How do I save my movies as .mov files? How do I increase the quality (getting rid of the grey background)?

Thanks,

# 2 08-08-2006 , 04:01 PM
go to the render menu set... and choose batch render.

but you have to have your render set up in render globals for what you want to do... file extension, animation length, rendering camera, etc.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 08-08-2006 , 04:43 PM
Thanks for your response. When I batch render my animation it comes up with a filename + .iff. What do I do with the .iff file to make it into a movie? If it is an animation shouldn't it produce multiple .iffs to use. I don't have any problems creating animations and design, but publishing them is a serious issue for me.

# 4 13-08-2006 , 01:05 AM
Subscriber
hey, i dont know if this would help but this is what i do...
i just change the .iff file to .tga (targa), then render which will take a long time.
then get a video program(i use videomach) and combine all the pictures and do a final render, which ends up to be .mov or whateva format you want.

have fun, hope you work it out

# 5 13-08-2006 , 08:21 AM
Make sure that the name format is set to "name.#.ext".

# 6 13-08-2006 , 10:00 PM

rendering globals

hello

theres a free tuturial on this site on rendering globals
u should check that out.

nice one

Dragon013