Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 481 29-11-2002 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber
that is sad garry, that you might not finish. i like the mirror effect on the legs, maybe you get a render in 1024x768 done, and just declare what you have "finished" tomorrow user added image

# 482 29-11-2002 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber
BabyDuck

The scene I had in mind was a bit complex for me at this stage.

BUT.......I'll spend some time today and make it a bit simpler, So I have a valid entryuser added image

P.S. Did you enjoy the November comp, I know you were a little unsure in the beginning of the month. user added image

# 483 29-11-2002 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Garry1953
P.S. Did you enjoy the November comp, I know you were a little unsure in the beginning of the month. user added image

yes i enjoyed it. but i am a newbie. i dont have any modeling skill yet. and competition was very hard as the time pressure was so big. user added image

# 484 29-11-2002 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by adldesigner
I´d have to apologize (again) for my delay on updating the showcase ... I promise I´ll do it tomorrow night ... See you tomorrow then guys!

adl, you should not promise things you cannot hold. so better way would have been "i try to update it tomorrow".

oh one qestion, in the showcase - do you put the last version before final shot or the final shot sqeezed into real small ??? just asking as my final shot is not meant to be squashed smaller as detail will get lost user added image

# 485 30-11-2002 , 12:03 AM
Subscriber
i have some problem with my dsl connection !!user added image
i finally post my FINAL PICTURE !! user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 486 30-11-2002 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
BabyDuck

I think your model is great, well worth the time and effort you put into it.

P.S. I like your cloth tutorialuser added image user added image

# 487 30-11-2002 , 01:15 AM
-updating entries now-

[Please post final versions of your pics]

# 488 30-11-2002 , 02:15 AM
Subscriber
my pic is OKAY ?? or u want only ONE picture ?? user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 489 30-11-2002 , 06:03 AM
Subscriber

FinalRender-Undseth

Pheu!
Tried to do some pro compostiting inCombustion but the green-screen/keying out colors are a bit new to me to fully trust it at this time.

So I had to render the pic in portions in the render view and simply overlay the parts in photoshop (luckily you cannot tell it is a composite).

I forgot to model the tracks in the snow so they were painted on.

My machine crached when doing a full render, and went into a coma the other time I tried to render all objects at the same time.

edit:
It was an unsurpassed pleasure to make the posturing of this diorama. It is a bit surreal as a diorama I think, with the intense sunlight. The scene was arranged to achieve some "visual balance" and I'm quite happy with it. Got a dive into texturing, although I have mostly based it on planar mapping and seperating poly-surfaces, where appropriate (for planar texturing).

This was mosly a nurbs project, and I learned something new; where I earlier had "scratch built" most nurbs objects by curves, I now used a lot of nurbs primitives and/or copying other nurbs-objects and tweaking them.

I want to halt my x-wing project for this time and go modeling a helicopter (bought a tiny plastic kit yesterday (Desert Hawk)).

Last edited by undseth; 30-11-2002 at 07:01 AM.
# 490 30-11-2002 , 06:38 AM
Subscriber
Heh user added image it seems that there has already been picked a winner for the normal category!

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 491 30-11-2002 , 07:11 AM

Info

Forgot to add my info:
Version: Maya 4.0
Time Spent: About 16 days
Entry Type: Newbie
Render time: About 1 minute for each angle
Textures: All home made

# 492 30-11-2002 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by undseth
Heh user added image it seems that there has already been picked a winner for the normal category!

i would not say this. only because kevin likes the bee better. he should not have said anything about a winner until the competition is over. that is unfair. and i like your mecha better, undseth, it looks more like a machine and not like a regular bee with some shiny look on it.

(bulletproof dont get me wrong, it is an awesome model, but it is a bit too insect like and not enough mecha like imho)

# 493 30-11-2002 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
Thank you, thats nice of you BabyDuck! Well, I was a bit late but I'll be on the look for some more info.

I couldn't help pondering about thisuser added image, it is but a contribution, all though it would be nice to be concidered.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 494 30-11-2002 , 11:48 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by BabyDuck
i would not say this. only because kevin likes the bee better. he should not have said anything about a winner until the competition is over. that is unfair. and i like your mecha better, undseth, it looks more like a machine and not like a regular bee with some shiny look on it.

(bulletproof dont get me wrong, it is an awesome model, but it is a bit too insect like and not enough mecha like imho)

Yep I admit... I made a big mistake yesterday...

All entrys are now judged on the 29th-30th and after my pc crash my clock had set to 29th November, so I was thinking...dam I had better pick the winner as I want the comps to go out "on time" from now on....which is the 1st / 2nd of the month.

So I am sorry about this but it was a simple mistake, I only realised after i had made the post.

But even through I have made the mistake I would have still picked the wasp as it is a very unique design and the colours really catch the eye. And just so you know it isnt just me who picks the winners, I just announced it

Saying that the design above is also fantastic and really well put together. A lot of detail has gone into it aswell.

So I apologise for the error and hope I never have a pc prob again.

# 495 30-11-2002 , 11:51 AM
Kevin
I will also post this in announcments