Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 04-09-2006 , 02:52 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Steve Irwin

R I P

Good on ya cobber!!

Jay

# 17 04-09-2006 , 03:02 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
One more thing, looking at all the opinions above, made me think of a line or few from Jurassic Park 3...

Sam Neill says something along the lines about who you are:

Are you a scientist or an Astronaut?

Then asks the differences between the two. The scientist studies things from a great distance where he is safe at all times whereas the astronaut will go out and discover things first hand and up close putting himself in complete danger.

Steve Irwin was the Astronaut. Something Im sure we all as kids wanted to be at sometime or another, why? because its exciting!!

I know what I would be...

Jay

# 18 04-09-2006 , 08:16 AM
Subscriber
My Post and comments wer not to mean taht i thought you hated him.. Only that i do not believe it is Proper, or Respectful to Disrespect someones way of life, After their death...
I dont think i could have said it any better than Jay has above..

I thank Steve, for ever moment of education and entertainment he gave me.. I also thank hom for All the animals he has saved.. No i'm no tree hugger, But I do realise the importance of someoen standing up for those that cannot do so for themselves.

I feel the world is a bit darker wihtout him.. Someone so Dedicated to the betterment of the world.. Not its destruction..

I do say, REst in peace Steve.. I'll miss You, You're antics.. and those things you tought me through the years.. about.. Cobra's fangs, and Spiders Venom.. Gators Teeth, and Scales.. and the Laughs i got from hearing you say " Krikey. He nearly Bit ME head off"...

I hope More people will come along, who are willing, to Try out His 'antics' More, Astronauts as Jay said..
If we were all as dedicated to our work, and the betterment of this world as Steve was.. then we'd all be alot better off..

R.I.P. Steve
G

P.s. i dont want to watch lions humping, and coincidentally i never do...But it always seems to be on the National geographic channel.. or BBC wildlife programs..

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 19 04-09-2006 , 08:36 AM
Subscriber
IF anyone is intrested, i just found this..
Its a nice little coolage of Pmages of him through the years,

Steve Irwin Tribute

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 20 04-09-2006 , 09:28 AM
19 year Veteran
Origionally posted by pbman:

at the end of the day the way i see it who r we to judge his life choices

With what I have seen him do in the media, you cant help but criticize some of the Superdave type stunts he has pulled. But I still respect what he has done, no matter how rambunctious he was. If did'nt care about his death I would not have started this thread.

Origionally posted by legendofzombi:

My Post and comments wer not to mean taht i thought you hated him.. Only that i do not believe it is Proper, or Respectful to Disrespect someones way of life, After their death...
I dont think i could have said it any better than Jay has above..

I thank Steve, for ever moment of education and entertainment he gave me.. I also thank hom for All the animals he has saved.. No i'm no tree hugger, But I do realise the importance of someoen standing up for those that cannot do so for themselves.

I feel the world is a bit darker wihtout him.. Someone so Dedicated to the betterment of the world.. Not its destruction..

I do say, REst in peace Steve.. I'll miss You, You're antics.. and those things you tought me through the years.. about.. Cobra's fangs, and Spiders Venom.. Gators Teeth, and Scales.. and the Laughs i got from hearing you say " Krikey. He nearly Bit ME head off"...

I hope More people will come along, who are willing, to Try out His 'antics' More, Astronauts as Jay said..
If we were all as dedicated to our work, and the betterment of this world as Steve was.. then we'd all be alot better off..

R.I.P. Steve
G

P.s. i dont want to watch lions humping, and coincidentally i never do...But it always seems to be on the National geographic channel.. or BBC wildlife programs..

Steves dad mentioned in the media that when his kids get old enough, they will continue his work. So keep your head up, there is another "Steve" in the making. You know what they say, "Like father like son".

It's good to know that you don't watch lions hump. I was beginning to wonder. user added image

# 21 04-09-2006 , 10:22 AM
Subscriber
My son was very upset about his death. I actually found out about it on a UK forum board, checked the news websites and sure enough it was true. My son is still asking heaps of questions about it.

This is a video my son did for Australias Funniest Home Video Show a couple of years ago, I think he was 5 at the time. It was a send up of a TV Commercial seen here in Australia.

I think the hardest thing is explaining this to kids. My son wants to know if its safe to swim in the ocean . . what do you say "there are killer stingrays out there".

BTW: I really like Jay's example.

Cheers
Paul

# 22 04-09-2006 , 10:42 AM
19 year Veteran
There really is no easy way to explain it to really young kids. All you can do is educate them on what is safe and whats not, and always be there to watch out for him when your both out at the beach.

# 23 04-09-2006 , 10:50 AM
Subscriber
That's what I've been doing, but we seem to be stuck in an endless loop. He's a good kid, but its a lot for him to take in. Its also the first time he's cried because someone died.

The questions I'm being asked are getting to deep for my liking. Then again I would much rather my position than Steve's wife. Can't even begin to imagine what it would be like for her.

# 24 04-09-2006 , 02:13 PM
19 year Veteran
In my personal opinion, I think steves biggest mistake was making the dangerous side of his profession as an event for the kids. I remember when old Jacques Cousteau, was doing the Geology/wildlife thing on TV years ago. I believe it was marketed as adult education then. He didn't make everything kiddi themed. He was pretty serious about his game and did'nt make it a spectacle. Thats where steve got alot of his fame.

When you become a bigger than life family Icon Like steve was, you have to understand who and what your marketing to.

It sad to see all these little kids heartbroken because of an accident. Steve knew the risks he was taking when he went out on potentially dangerous jobs. He died doing what he loved best.