Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-09-2006 , 08:57 AM

boots... and apparently, ...some ghosts

ok...
well, here's a render of my progress on my guy.

... and a new problem.

I need to work on the fingers, but I've had this new, blue wireframe pop up that I can't turn off.

then I realized that it's more that just a wireframe. There seem to be "ghost" meshes that sit on top of my actual mesh. When I return to poly (from sub-D) I can separate these other meshes (one at a time, as if they were on layers) and delete them by face, but It leaves one random piece of geometry floating there that can't be deleted.

Any thoughts on how I managed to do this... and how to fix it?

I would really appreciate any advice!!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-09-2006 , 11:31 AM
Sorry, I am a noobie, so take what I say with a pinch of salt, but..

You havent duplicated something accidentially and its still there?

You havent used a curve tool and bits of it are left inside still?

Have you tried opening the scene and dragging the main mesh of the body only to the side and see if something is left behind, then deleteing that?

I'm sure you've thought of these already though!!

# 3 05-09-2006 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
It's something in your convert> settings I had the same prob and other than deleting each face manually i reset the settings in the convert to... settings and it was fine, though every now and again it would catch me out like you. I'm not sure why this happens either user added image

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 4 05-09-2006 , 03:19 PM
palleon: thanks for the suggestions, but yes, I've looked into all of that. I do appreciate the reply, though

j5ive: I'll take a look at my convert settings. Unfortunately I can't seem to delete those last two faces.

It's really strange... I'm quite confused. I wish that I could take care of this, so that I can move on with a clear head about what I've already modeled.