Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-09-2006 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber

Selecting CVs over and over and over...

In Max I can choose the vertices level and then I can click around until I hit on a vertex. In other words, I STAY in the vertex level of THAT OBJECT until I jump out of it.

In Maya I right-click on my surface and choose Control Vertex and then I hope I don't click in the wrong place. If I click in the wrong place I'll be out of edit mode and possibly selecting a different object altogether.

How do I make vertex selection lock the way it does in Max?

# 2 05-09-2006 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure, that bothers me as well at times one way i get around it is press 't' to get the selection tool so you have a larger error margin for selecting the verts. Hope this helps until someone else has the proper solution

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 06-09-2006 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the tip! That is handy.

And hopefully someone will chime in with a solution that will help us with the clicking clicking clicking.

Last edited by daveyslc; 06-09-2006 at 01:42 AM.
# 4 06-09-2006 , 02:31 PM
Press F9. This will take you into vertex component mode and you wont go out of it by clicking in the wrong place. This works for several modes being:

F9 - Vertices
F10 - Edges
F11 - Faces

And pressing F8 one or more times will bring you back to object mode.

Hope that helped.

# 5 06-09-2006 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
Oh yes it helps. Thanks you! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Peace,
David